Unable to sign-in Yahoo Mail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Padawan
Its strange problem: I have MTNL broadband connection at home with D-Link ADSL modem/router with which Linksys WRT54G router is attached (used as access point). I have been using this setup for few months now without any problem - that is till now...
For quite some days I had been unable to go to Yahoo's sign-in page. First I thought it to be problem with Yahoo but when even after few days I couldn't go to the sign-in page I suspected some problem with windows. So I booted-up in OpenSuse linux (i have dual boot system) and tried to go to Yahoo's sign-in page again. Again the same problem occurred. To make sure MTNL was not blocking the page I used MTNL connection at my office computer. I was able to log-in without any problem. Back home I tried to go to Yahoo's sign-in page using my WiFi enabled PDA and my laptop (connection through Linksys router). I was able to log-in without any problem. But when I tried the same with Windows/Linux again on my computer I met with same old problem. What is causing this problem? I have not installed any program which might give this problem (even if I did then why does Linux give the same problem?). Please Help!!

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
did pinging to router is sucessful ?
Are you facing similar problem with all the sites or all the mail servers ?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Its strange problem: I have MTNL broadband connection at home with D-Link ADSL modem/router with which Linksys WRT54G router is attached (used as access point). I have been using this setup for few months now without any problem - that is till now...
For quite some days I had been unable to go to Yahoo's sign-in page. First I thought it to be problem with Yahoo but when even after few days I couldn't go to the sign-in page I suspected some problem with windows. So I booted-up in OpenSuse linux (i have dual boot system) and tried to go to Yahoo's sign-in page again. Again the same problem occurred. To make sure MTNL was not blocking the page I used MTNL connection at my office computer. I was able to log-in without any problem. Back home I tried to go to Yahoo's sign-in page using my WiFi enabled PDA and my laptop (connection through Linksys router). I was able to log-in without any problem. But when I tried the same with Windows/Linux again on my computer I met with same old problem. What is causing this problem? I have not installed any program which might give this problem (even if I did then why does Linux give the same problem?). Please Help!!

Check if the ip of yahoo is blocked in the router itself.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ur firewall may be the culprit.check the firewall rules to remove yahoo from blacklist.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Thanx..I m able to go to the sign-in page..but my ZoneAlarm has given it limited access calling it spyware!! Why?
Also why I am facing the problem in the first place?

^ur firewall may be the culprit.check the firewall rules to remove yahoo from blacklist.

Yeah that's true praka123, the firewall is doing the nasty things. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/30a.gif.
@Monkey, Please set the firewall in allow all position and check if yahoo is opening. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32a.gif

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
These are the proxies Batista, I think Monkey has a problem with his firewall. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/40a.gif

you are right,problem with some firewall issue only, vtunnel.com and sizloxy.com are the best proxies bypassing firewall restrictions, his problem was some what peculiar here, how only yahoo cannot being accessed here? so we suggested some proxies,mean while i provide solution for him if i find one,praka already suggested to remove firewalls from black list which i always suggests, let's wait and see until he responds whether this worked or not

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I have reset ZoneAlarm...I m able to access Yahoo Mail now...Thanx guys!!
But how and why did ZoneAlarm blocked it? Any ideas??

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Nice to hear your problem being solved,By default some firewalls especially like zone alarm, makes some servers entry to be in black list, so all the traffic both incoming and out going to blocked server is unreachable,hence server doesn't open anymore

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
try this www.sizloxy.com
or www.url1.in

you are right,problem with some firewall issue only, vtunnel.com and sizloxy.com are the best proxies bypassing firewall restrictions, his problem was some what peculiar here, how only yahoo cannot being accessed here? so we suggested some proxies,mean while i provide solution for him if i find one,praka already suggested to remove firewalls from black list which i always suggests, let's wait and see until he responds whether this worked or not

BTW Thanks Batista for the proxies *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/42a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom