Unable to play SVCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
hi, encoded my MPEG1 song file to SVCD format using nero 6 reloaded v6.6.0.6, all went fine but i am unable to play this file on my system using any of the media player available. What's wrong. I created the Image of the SVCD first just to verify that whether it's gonna run or not. Thanks to image recorder. please help. Using windows 98se, samsung cd writer, and have all the necessary plugins installed.

parthbarot

In the zone
i think ur big mistake is to use NERO...
bcs nero is basically for writing,other tools r not so best.

u can use other softs for that...
like Xing player/encoder etc.

join my group of divx.xvid etc at
*groups-beta.google.com/group/virtualdub-flaskmpeg

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
I think u have underestimated nero bcos it offers nice mpeg1 and mpeg2 encoding. I know that there is something wrong that i am doing while creating SVCDs. will post that as soon as i get my answer.

swatkat

Technomancer
To play the SVCD, u need software DVD player like WinDVD or PowerDVD...open the file with extension .mpg which will be in folder named MPEGAV or MPEG2 in the SVCD....
if u want to play SVCD in Windows Media Player, u should have a software DVD player installed or mpeg2 codec installed in ur computer....

Download and install SVCD Codec from DivX....
*www.divxmovies.com/software/
i have not tried it, so please post ur experience here .....

parthbarot

In the zone
no... have u done that with virtualdub or flaskmpeg (both r freewares ok?)..? or Xing???

i have done & grt results buddy..

while nero cant proper write CDs then in converting it just ...i mean what may it do.. i cant guess??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom