Unable to open drives on double click ( bit urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
Hello Friends Unable to open drives on double click I am not able to access my drives(c,d,e,)

Whenever i double click my drive it opens a dialog box which asks from me to choose a program from a list of programs to open the drive.

Kindly help me out

Thanks in Advance
Kunal

mrintech

Technomancer
Your PC is infected with Virus/Trojan/Spyware. Go for a full scan with the following software:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also make sure that they are updated to latest definition files and go for Full System Scan.

Else

You can always try Online Scanning. Here's the list of best Online Scanners: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use ;)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Since its urgent, if you don't have the time to do all that virus-scanning, you can try Right-click > Explore option.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Create a shortcut or use Run for the exact location...(and use Command prompt dir, cd, etc. for navigation or finding the location you want)..

You could also try a Live Linux distro for accessing files...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Why is it important to open the pen drive by "double clicking" only?
Right click karke bhi to ho sakta hai!!!:wink: :rolleyes::roll:

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
^ he he...
Yup...your pc is infected....I think if it's so urgent then by this time you should be formatting your pc...

voljin1987

Broken In
Yup man it's a virus... Right click->open and go into your drive... Enable the option to show hidden files and folders.. Now delete the autorun.inf file to rectify this problem... Of course you must still perform a complete scan to completly remove this virus... Note that when you rightclick you might see two 'open' options, one simply reading 'open' and the other reading 'open(0)'. Choose the former NOT the latter as that could trigger the virus..

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Why is it important to open the pen drive by "double clicking" only?
Right click karke bhi to ho sakta hai!!!:wink: :rolleyes::roll:

Where did he mention the word Pen. You need to remove the autorun.inf files from the drives. However they will reappear if your computer is still infected.

ztbryan

Broken In
If your drives have been infected...forget about any anti virus software...here's what u do...trust me it works better than any anti virus software i know....

1. Backup any important files from C drive to any other drive
2. Format C drive
3. Install OS
4. Once the installation has finished, (follow this instruction to the letter) open "My Computer"
5. Go to folder options and select "Show hidden files and folders" and untick option "Hide extension for known file types"
6. Go to the address bar and select any drive,example E: DRIVE
7. Your drive is now opened through the address bar. Look for any suspicious files like "autorun.inf","New Folder.exe" etc., DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK ON ANY OF THESE FILES..... JUST DELETE THEM PERMANENTLY.
8. Once you have finished upto step 7, DO NOT CLICK "BACK", "FORWARD" or "UP"
9. Once you have finished upto step 7 for a drive, repeat from step 6 to 8 for all other drives.

Trust me this works better than any anti virus software that exists. I found this method on my own through sheer experience with all kinds of virus !

well, i got a solution for it, a file called Flash_Disinfector (*download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Flash_Disinfector.exe) can be used to solve this problem. It does all the operations automatically. it makes a folder named autorun.inf in all drives, making it impossible for the virus to create a file autorun.inf which is used for autorun :p

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Hey the best solution is PC Noob Killer. Search it in google. It can delete even the strongest viruses. I also had the same problem but it somewhat different in the fact that it opened a boot.com file when I double clicked. With PC Noob Killer you can search the folder or file with the virus and can delete it. I think it is a autorun virus. Try it.

mittyr

silentFOX
"Trojan Remover"

(The 30 day trial version is full working only). Get the latest 6.7.6 update & turn-on the boot-time scan. Try it, am sure you will love this little program :)

abhiranjan kumar

Right off the assembly line
Hi! there is one alternative also, but it isn't permanent.
Instead of browsing the drive by double-clicking it, select the folders option beside search tool on the tool bar.
May be it would be of some use to you.

Abhiranjan kumar.

paid

Journeyman
dude Flash Disinfector can solvE your problem.
*www.precisesecurity.com/tools-resources/adware-tools/flash-disinfector/

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Will try that software...btw, what's it's speciality ?? AV or single file cleanup thingy...

PC Noob Killer. It can delete all types which other antivirus softwares cannot delete.

Here is the link,

*www.freewarefiles.com/Noob-Killer_program_42299.html

Last edited:
OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
thanks a lot friends
my problem has been solved
first i clean the viruses in safe mode and then went to register and did the things
and it got fixed.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
one of my friend system has some problem with folder option.

its not showing the folder option in tool menu how to get back that option

Last edited:

mayurz

Right off the assembly line
The simple, easy and free solution to all the above problems is here :))

*webtrickz.com/how-to-remove-the-effects-caused-by-a-virus-attack/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom