Unable to install Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
I am using a P4 based computer with 256MB RAM. I don't have a UPS and the power supply is sometimes flactuating. I have Windows XP SP3 CD with latest updates. I tried to reinstall Windows by quick formatting "C" drive with NTFS. When I tried to install, Windows Setup ran fine but uptil it said, "Setup will complete in about 35 minutes" (halfway to "installing devices"), and could not go further than that. I have other two XP Cds with SP2, both of them also could no go further till it said, "Setup will complete in about 39 minutes". Is the problem due to the unstable power supply or because of the NTFS format? Please help.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Have u tried full formatting?? Don't do quick format. And power supply may be a problem , it sometimes happened with me. But first try full format.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^ Yup! I too faced the problem. Infact power failure took place while installing and therefore I did quick format and again installed it. It successfully got installed but it hanged in the welcome screen. Therefore I again did full format and installed Windows to make it work...

satyamy

Alive Again...
i have faced exactly same prob
at my PC problem was with my Motherboard, I got it repaired for Rs. 400/- and it run successful after that

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As others have said, a quick format is sometimes not good enough. This is because a quick format does not check for and correct errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom