unable to install vlc player in ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecreativeboy

Journeyman
hi
ii have installed ubuntu-7 in my system.when i try to play the song or movie it will show the error.and what it is
you want to install the codecs of mp3 and mpeg.when i try to download it it will straightly go to internet.but i have no internet facillity in my system bcoz i am in hostel.is any other way to install it?

praka123

left this forum longback
without internet u will have problems to get proprietory formats(mp3,mp4,wma,wmv,quicktime etc) be played.so one solution is to get
AptOnCD.just google for this.
if u have internet or even not,following guide is very informative for u
*www.ubuntuguide.org

faraaz

Evil Genius
If you can download files in one go from some other place, I recommend trying out Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0. Its a 450 MB file only...but it supports all multimedia formats! So it can work as a pseudio multimedia pc from a relatively smaller download. And its FAST too!

Or if you want Ubuntu feisty only, then go for Linux Mint! It is identical to Feisty, but includes all the stuff you would normally have to sit around downloading and installing.

OP
T

thecreativeboy

Journeyman
i download the vlc media player from internet and then went to my system.i will give the command in the terminal like
sudo apt-get install (like this)
then it required the internet connection.is other any way to install the vlc player without internet connection?and another one doubt is where i copy the vlc media player backup in the system when i try to install it?when i want to install the player whether i may be login in a root account or administrator previeliege user account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom