Unable to install ubuntu 6.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchjaga

Broken In
Hi all,

Im a newbie to linux,I ordered Ubuntu lts version and got it shipped.Then i tried to install by booting from cd and selecting install ubuntu...It began to load for sometimes as i have selected install with graphics...Then suddenly the screen went blurred and nothing happened for long time..I ve even tried to run the live version...but that too ended up with same result..Here goes my sys config..

AMD64 3200+(AM2)
asus M2N-MX with onboard nvidia 6100 and nforce 430
running with dual channel 2x512 Rams
i have shared 256 mb for video memory
using LG 700e monitor
and normal keyboard and optical mouse

Please help me out

regards,
jaga

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Most probably it's due to the nvidia 6100 gpu. You may need to install nvidia linux display driver 1.0-9xxx. So do a text mode install, then install the nvidia driver.

OP
C

catchjaga

Broken In
desertwind said:
Most probably it's due to the nvidia 6100 gpu. You may need to install nvidia linux display driver 1.0-9xxx. So do a text mode install, then install the nvidia driver.

Since im a newbie to linux can any one tell me how to install in text mode??also present me if any walkthrough present for installing in text mode

Also can u tell me where to get nvidia drivers
Thanks
Jaga

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I don't think you'll find any kind of trouble in text mode install. Partitioning is the only thing that you need to keep in mind. Just make around 10GB free house in your system, and select "Use unused space" when the partition screen appears.

You can get nvidia linux drivers from *www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom