Ultra low budget rig (<15K) for office documentation usage

k_v

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: My accountant's PC has died & need to replace it. Am on a budget so need a rig within 15K (12-13K preferably - without monitor). Applications would be MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Videos, Tally, Internet Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max 15K. Without monitor, mouse & keyboard. I can re-use the old cabinet.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: The old lady is comfortable with XP so most likely shall stick to it. May install Windows 7 one of these days though.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB would suffice

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I wanna re-use my old 15" CRT

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Cabinet (if possible)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediate

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. Open to buying online if i get a good deal.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
What are the form factors supported by your cabinet ? If you dont know post its model name ?

Its a local ATX cabinet. Not sure about form factor or its model. 10 year old system this is. I'll buy a new cabinet if there's a compatibility problem

RageshAntony

In the zone
Re: Ultra low budget rig (&amp;lt;15K) for office documentation usage

I recommend you to buy a zebronics cabinet with micro-Atx form factor.. In this forum i saw zebronics SPY II recommended by many .. Office usage create only low amount of heat so high end cabinets are not needed . A simple office cabinet just have a cpu fan sized air vent in side and back. (rear fan must fitted in back )

zebronics SPY II : Spy 2 | Cabinets | Budget | Zebronics - Always Ahead
zebronics Duke : Duke | Cabinets | Gaming | Zebronics - Always Ahead

Duke looks very appealing ..

- - - Updated - - -

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q2.html

This post guides you in selection .. It have a config for 20,000. If you subtract moniter form it , it comes around 15k .

- - - Updated - - -

Please buy 2 2GB (2 x 2GB) ram instead of buying a single 4 GB. Because if one Ram fails , you can remove it and start you PC. But if you have single 4 GB RAM , then you have to wait until it replaced or have to borrow from any one .

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Re: Ultra low budget rig (&amp;lt;15K) for office documentation usage

I recommend you to buy a zebronics cabinet with micro-Atx form factor.. In this forum i saw zebronics SPY II recommended by many .. Office usage create only low amount of heat so high end cabinets are not needed . A simple office cabinet just have a cpu fan sized air vent in side and back. (rear fan must fitted in back )

zebronics SPY II : Spy 2 | Cabinets | Budget | Zebronics - Always Ahead
zebronics Duke : Duke | Cabinets | Gaming | Zebronics - Always Ahead

Duke looks very appealing ..

- - - Updated - - -

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q2.html

This post guides you in selection .. It have a config for 20,000. If you subtract moniter form it , it comes around 15k .

- - - Updated - - -

Please buy 2 2GB (2 x 2GB) ram instead of buying a single 4 GB. Because if one Ram fails , you can remove it and start you PC. But if you have single 4 GB RAM , then you have to wait until it replaced or have to borrow from any one .

I have gone through that thread. I couldn't find anything in my budget, atleast not in the past few months.

Would you be kind enough to paste the specs here?

Thanks.

RageshAntony

In the zone

Yes.. I pasted here

from this *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q2.html

Suggested Configs

Budget - 20k

ProcessorIntel G32203,830
CPU CoolerStock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,250
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyBundled with cabinet0
CabinetAny local cabinet with PSU1,100
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner1,000
MonitorDell IN2030 19.5" LED Monitor6,600
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total22,630

Note: for RAM, if any of Corsair Vengeance, G.Skill RipajwsX or Kingston HyperX Blu / Fury is available at same price, get one of them.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman

Yes.. I pasted here

from this *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q2.html

Suggested Configs

Budget - 20k

ProcessorIntel G32203,830
CPU CoolerStock0
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,250
Graphics Cardnone0
Power SupplyBundled with cabinet0
CabinetAny local cabinet with PSU1,100
MonitorDell IN2030 19.5" LED Monitor6,600
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total22,630

Note: for RAM, if any of Corsair Vengeance, G.Skill RipajwsX or Kingston HyperX Blu / Fury is available at same price, get one of them.

Thanks.

I have zeroed in on the following rig so far :

Proc : G3220
Mobo : GA-H81M
RAM : 4GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD : WD Blue 1TB
Optical Drive: LG DVD RW

I see most Cabinets come without a PSU. How much would a decent Cabinet with PSU cost?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 17k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel G3220
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600 MHz
Power Supply
Antec BP350P
Internal Storage
WD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Cabinet
Zebronics SPY II
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner
Total17,000

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Budget - 17k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel G32203,900
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600 MHz2,300
Power SupplyAntec BP350P1,600
CabinetZebronics SPY II1,100
Total17,000

Thanks for that!

How did you manage to get the 1TB WD Blue HDD for 3.5K? It is available for nothing less than 4.4K online. Also, is it possible to tweak that config to bring it under the 15K range? Maybe use a slightly cheaper Proc+mobo combination?

phoenix10

Right off the assembly line
Hello i think instead of buying a seperate power supply go for a cabinet with psu included it will save some cost.For rest of the components stick with sunils config.
Circle Cabinet D3 with SMPS - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Hey, I did have a look at that. But they haven't mentioned Wattage of the PSU. So I wasn't sure. Any idea about the wattage?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hey, I did have a look at that. But they haven't mentioned Wattage of the PSU. So I wasn't sure. Any idea about the wattage?

Its better to go with my config as going with cheap PSU's might cost your whole PC life life itself sometimes.So its your decision finally...

Top Bottom