Ultra Low Budget PC challenge

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Should run all modern games at 30+ fps. Low settings are fine.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor, KeyBoard, Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Never

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Have build 3 desktops.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Gurgaon. (Item price from Cost to Cost, Nehru Place)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:A lot.
So, my friend gave me this challenge to make a tower that can run latest games at 30+fps. Be it low settings. I only need to get the tower. No Monitor, or other peripherals.

I am a lot confused between AMD APU vs Intel CPU + GPU combo. I believe AMD provides performance at low cost, but adding a 11k worth APU vs a discrete GPU?

I have made these specs so far

RAM : 8GB minimum (Every game need that minimum) Kingston HyperX 1600 - Rs 3476
DVD : Rs 900
HD : 500 GB Laptop 5200rpm (Yea, its Laptop, but it will get games going, let it be slow loading) : Rs 2695
CPU : Intel G3240? : Rs 3390
GPU : R7 250X : Rs 6190 (or a 260X)
Motherboard : H81M-C : Rs 3290
Case : Corsair 100R : Rs 3490
PSU : Corsair CX430 : Rs 2890

OverBudget.
I could probably save by getting a local case with PSU for around 1000Rs but, I will never ever compromise with looks. That's what sells.
What would you guys make if you had 20000Rs?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Should run all modern games at 30+ fps. Low settings are fine.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20,000

3. Planning to overclock?

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor, KeyBoard, Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Never

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Have build 3 desktops.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Gurgaon. (Item price from Cost to Cost, Nehru Place)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:A lot.
So, my friend gave me this challenge to make a tower that can run latest games at 30+fps. Be it low settings. I only need to get the tower. No Monitor, or other peripherals.

I am a lot confused between AMD APU vs Intel CPU + GPU combo. I believe AMD provides performance at low cost, but adding a 11k worth APU vs a discrete GPU?

I have made these specs so far

RAM : 8GB minimum (Every game need that minimum) Kingston HyperX 1600 - Rs 3476
DVD : Rs 900
HD : 500 GB Laptop 5200rpm (Yea, its Laptop, but it will get games going, let it be slow loading) : Rs 2695
CPU : Intel G3240? : Rs 3390
GPU : R7 250X : Rs 6190 (or a 260X)
Motherboard : H81M-C : Rs 3290
Case : Corsair 100R : Rs 3490
PSU : Corsair CX430 : Rs 2890

OverBudget.
I could probably save by getting a local case with PSU for around 1000Rs but, I will never ever compromise with looks. That's what sells.
What would you guys make if you had 20000Rs?

good quote on pricing, you may change case for Deepcool tesseract to save a few bucks but the Corsair 100R looks sick, honestly i dont think you can get any better than this

Top Bottom