Ultra high end gaming rig

vishalselvan

Broken In
I'll be setting up a gaming rig in March.Here's the config which I've thought up of,any suggestions would be nice.
1) Psu- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W
2) Ram- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 16 GB
3) Hdd- WD Caviar Green 3 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive
4) SSD-OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive
5)Processor-Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Core i7 3770K
6)Motherboard-ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 or it's equivalent(recommend some in the same price range please)
7)Custom cooler- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler
8)Cabinet-Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Transparent Side Panel Mid Towe
9)Gpu-Asus NVIDIA GTX 690 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (or) zotac's gtx 690 (or) maybe a gtx 680(not really sure) any other cards worth waiting for or checking out?
10)3 monitors for a multimonitor setup,I need 21-24 inches with full HD support and 2ms response (or 5ms if it doesn't make a difference in gaming).Price of the monitors can be around 10-11k
This is about it i guess

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Why not give a budget.

If possible fill the template *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html[copy paste and answer]

also this Dell UltraSharp U2211H 54.6cm (21.5) Monitor Details | Dell India

is your best bet in monitors (IPS PANEL)

also march is far away so maybe you should come back later....
Prices may go down and better parts may be available you know

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
Why not give a budget.

If possible fill the template *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html[copy paste and answer]

also this Dell UltraSharp U2211H 54.6cm (21.5) Monitor Details | Dell India

is your best bet in monitors (IPS PANEL)

also march is far away so maybe you should come back later....
Prices may go down and better parts may be available you know

Alright but most of these are going to remain this way i think,maybe a few changes but the core config will stay the same I assume

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: GAMING to the max with 3 hd monitors at max settings and the pc should last for atleast 3 years.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Right now,with these components it's sitting at 1.5 lakh without the monitors.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Not really.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:3tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I want to buy 3 monitors,full hd,21-24 inches

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No amd processors.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I have a basic idea of it but I will do it with an assembler,rather not take any chances.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I'll buy from flipkart and maybe other sites similar to it like grabmore.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Nope

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Radeon HD 7990 And GeForce GTX 690: Bring Out The Big Guns : Radeon HD 7990 And GeForce GTX 690 Duke It Out

dont you think 7990 is better than 690??[for gaming]

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 58.4cm (23) Monitor with LED Details | Dell India

very nice monitor buy if you can

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ OP

If you want the system to last for 3 years with a 150k budget, then i seriously suggest to wait for 3-4 months if you can.
Haswell will be out by "May" and you can grab that. Besides, updated gpu's from nvidia and amd are also gonna arrive by then with further improved performance
and i reckon they will be worthy improvements.

So wait it out if you can mate. Else we will suggest some existing hardware.

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
:facepalm::duh:
these components for a 1.5 Lakh rig......

:D have to cheap out on something

@ OP

If you want the system to last for 3 years with a 150k budget, then i seriously suggest to wait for 3-4 months if you can.
Haswell will be out by "May" and you can grab that. Besides, updated gpu's from nvidia and amd are also gonna arrive by then with further improved performance
and i reckon they will be worthy improvements.

So wait it out if you can mate. Else we will suggest some existing hardware.

kay,I'll wait but you also recommend existing hardware just so I can see what's good

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
OFF-TOPIC..
But, is it really worth it to wait till May? As I am also gonna build a rig ~90k.. What are the expectations from Kepler refresh and Haswell?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
hmm...lets see..
Kepler refresh: expect compute performance form nvidia again(*crossing fingers*)
hashwell:OMGWTFBBQ single thread perf form intel..

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Expect a substantial performance advantage as a minimum, but at a price.
Good things are never cheap and least of all right after their launch. Your 90k might accomodate them, but not without compromising on other components.
It will take a few months for the prices to settle down to their actuals.
And if gaming is the sole priority, a SB can even last you a very long time. Better to focus on the GPU though.

PS: If you plan on waiting, you might be waiting for a much longer time to actually purchase them.

Last edited:
OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
OFF-TOPIC..
But, is it really worth it to wait till May? As I am also gonna build a rig ~90k.. What are the expectations from Kepler refresh and Haswell?

I think the changes will not be a game changer and they won't affect your gaming as most games depend more on your gpu

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Is Haswell worth the wait?
Is Kepler Refresh worth the wait??

Kepler refresh - More emphasis on performance/watt & compute

GCN refresh - More emphasis on everything ( This has some potential and will bring it to nvidia head on this time)

Haswell - Honestly, this will be groundbreaking. Expect some interesting cpu parts which not only will give phenomenal performance but also take performance /watt to a whole new level.
Amd's most serious threat yet. Steamroller has to be really good or else its gameover.

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
news.softpedia.com/news/Haswell-Will-Have-a-Powerfull-GPU-Thanks-to-Crystalwell-Technology-263569.shtml

They say it will be very expensive for Intel initially.. :(

leelaprasad

Broken In
:D have to cheap out on something

kay,I'll wait but you also recommend existing hardware just so I can see what's good

I would suggest you to get a good cabinet like CM Storm Stryker, its worth every penny and believe me investing in a good cabby is always a good thing, you can use it for atleast 5 years

Top Bottom