ultra end gaming PC around 1-1.2 lakh

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
That cabinet is a piece of junk. Putting a 980ti in that would be like sticking a Ferrari engine into an Alto chassis. :lol:
Don't buy a case based on looks. Cooling performance and maintainability comes first. At your budget, go for at least a Corsair 400r.

what? i am using that cabinet, and let me tell you this, for the price it has some awesome features that you dnt even get in 8k cabinets...... like X dock for SSD, integrated fan controller...

Last edited:
OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
what? i am using that cabinet, and let me tell you this, for the price it has some awesome features that you dnt even get in 8k cabinets...... like X dock for SSD, integrated fan controller...
Apart from the features what matters.more is it's cooling capability...
If you are using that cabinet currently coild you please post the CPU and GPU temperature screenshots..
U can easily use CPU-Z to get the same..
Also do mention the processor and G card names...and please post the temperatures for both while gaming and while the system is idle..

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Apart from the features what matters.more is it's cooling capability...
If you are using that cabinet currently coild you please post the CPU and GPU temperature screenshots..
U can easily use CPU-Z to get the same..
Also do mention the processor and G card names...and please post the temperatures for both while gaming and while the system is idle..

I just want to ask you this, have you ever seen the cabinet in real life? or are you just telling those stuff based on pics from internet...

- - - Updated - - -

That cabinet is a piece of junk.

this is what this guy said if you see his comment there.... if he is saying that then he must have owned it in the past and would be unsatisfied with it...........

anyway i just bought this cabinet, and using it with asus gtx 970 strix oc (believe me the card is huge), got no problems with it...

But only go with this cabinet if you dnt have spare budget, else try to get something more high end like phantom 530.......

Last edited:
OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
I just want to ask you this, have you ever seen the cabinet in real life? or are you just telling those stuff based on pics from internet...
No i have not seen this cabinet for real just the online pics.
Problem is that I have not yet been able to find a proper review for this cabinet online.
Hence I am a bit bothered about its cooling capability.
And I paln to buy a Gtx 980ti which Is an even larger card.
And I am being short on budget for cabinets.
I wanted to make sure that I dont buy any junk allured by it's low price.
Hence I required to know how it is in keepin the temperatures down..

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
No i have not seen this cabinet for real just the online pics.
Problem is that I have not yet been able to find a proper review for this cabinet online.
Hence I am a bit bothered about its cooling capability.
And I paln to buy a Gtx 980ti which Is an even larger card.
And I am being short on budget for cabinets.
I wanted to make sure that I dont buy any junk allured by it's low price.
Hence I required to know how it is in keepin the temperatures down..

the case comes with 2 front 120mm blue led fans and one back 120 mm fan, it has the option to install 2x120mm fans to top.......

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVn-rm7dVW4

CC 830

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
THIS IS BIT OFF TOPIC but I need to know this..
Do any one of you have any experience on buying on Primeabgb?
I was surfing through their website..
I would like to know the followings:-
1)Are a trustworthy website?
Like do they respond to customer queries quick?
2) Also do they happen to have any product in stock..Today itself I found almost all the products I needed to be out of stock? Or.do I have to make an advance order to get them in stocked.
3)How good are they in shipping product? Like how do they package products? Gracphics card and all can be pretty sensitive to external stress if not packaged properly.
4)Have any of you received any defective products from them?
If yes then how quick did they process refund or replaced the product?
5),I live in jharkhand.Will they be able to process COD over here?

HELP NEEDED OVER HERE..

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
THIS IS BIT OFF TOPIC but I need to know this..
Do any one of you have any experience on buying on Primeabgb?
I was surfing through their website..
I would like to know the followings:-
1)Are a trustworthy website?
Like do they respond to customer queries quick?
2) Also do they happen to have any product in stock..Today itself I found almost all the products I needed to be out of stock? Or.do I have to make an advance order to get them in stocked.
3)How good are they in shipping product? Like how do they package products? Gracphics card and all can be pretty sensitive to external stress if not packaged properly.
4)Have any of you received any defective products from them?
If yes then how quick did they process refund or replaced the product?
5),I live in jharkhand.Will they be able to process COD over here?

HELP NEEDED OVER HERE..

1. Trustworthy, i would say yes, many forum members have purchased from them....... for queries you can just give them a call....

2. Stock might be a problem...

3.Additional charges are there for shipping which is standard (as far as i remember when buying components for my rig). I really don't know about the packaging, you will need more member's input on this...

4. Again more member's input is required on this as I didn't need to purchase from there.......

5. Last time i talked to them COD option wasn't available there...

If you are looking to buy components online (I wouldn't recommend it) better go with sites like snapdeal ,amazon and flipkart.......

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 140k

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3-1246 V321,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO Gamer11,200
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8GB) 1866Mhz8,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX 980Ti 6GB53,900
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w EVO Edition6,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB6,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVDR/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS8,000
KeyboardLogitech G105 Gaming KB3,100
MouseLogitech G400s2,000
Total1,36,100

Link for GTX980Ti 6GB :ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 980 TI 6GB DDR5 (ZT-90501-10P - ZT-90501-10P - )

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Does the Asus version of Gtx 980ti have differences from it's ZOTAC or gigabyte counterparts?
Coz the seems to be a 10k difference b/t ASUS anD ZOTAC with asus being on the heigher side..

- - - Updated - - -

Budget - 140k

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3-1246 V321,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO Gamer11,200
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8GB) 1866Mhz8,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX 980Ti 6GB53,900
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w EVO Edition6,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB6,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVDR/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS8,000
KeyboardLogitech G105 Gaming KB3,100
MouseLogitech G400s2,000
Total1,36,100

Link for GTX980Ti 6GB :ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 980 TI 6GB DDR5 (ZT-90501-10P - ZT-90501-10P - )

Have u bought anything from Mdcomputers?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Does the Asus version of Gtx 980ti have differences from it's ZOTAC or gigabyte counterparts?
Coz the seems to be a 10k difference b/t ASUS anD ZOTAC with asus being on the heigher side..

- - - Updated - - -

Have u bought anything from Mdcomputers?

Just check the differences between various 980ti's:Roundup: All The GTX 980 Ti Cards Currently Available

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Sure brother..will let you know bout that channel..

Are you a med. Student too?
And I was strolling through that GTA 5 benchmark u linked.. 980Ti manages 27 fps ultra 4K. But then jumps to 56fps 1440p ultra.
So at least for 1080 high settings one can expext it to throw around 75-80,fps.
Now on this kind of framerate does a 144hz monitor justify?
Also i do happen to own a 22" LCD(mind u not LED) monitor. I have a preassumption that LED ones are way better than LCD coz in my home I have 2TV's. One being Videocon LCD42" and the other being Samsung LED 42".
Obviously videocon sucks.Not because its a videocon I guess,but because it's a LCD.
I have seen great picture difference b/t them both.And concluded. That LCD are downright obsolete.
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..
Because if I am wrong and if LCD=LED.then i never would have to buy a monitor..saving my 30k

yeah i finished mbbs, sometime back,been drifting around ever since :p
Btw i dont think there are any true led panels out there, what you mention as LED panels are actually LED Backlit LCD monitor , means they have LCD panel and lcd panels need a light source , which is provided by LED, but yeah LEd backlit ones are better, there are other differences too, you are better off googling them

and since you are going out for an all out pc, its better to get a gaming monitor ,rather than using your home television, (i think tv's tend to have more latency , input lag etc)

well make a good choice , some people want higher frame rates , some want higher detail, the other better informed people here will help you guide there

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
yeah i finished mbbs, sometime back,been drifting around ever since :p
Btw i dont think there are any true led panels out there, what you mention as LED panels are actually LED Backlit LCD monitor , means they have LCD panel and lcd panels need a light source , which is provided by LED, but yeah LEd backlit ones are better, there are other differences too, you are better off googling them

and since you are going out for an all out pc, its better to get a gaming monitor ,rather than using your home television, (i think tv's tend to have more latency , input lag etc)

well make a good choice , some people want higher frame rates , some want higher detail, the other better informed people here will help you guide there

Will a 980Ti be an overkill for a simple 1080p LCD monitor?

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Will a 980Ti be an overkill for a simple 1080p LCD monitor?

right now it might be overkill,(@60fps) but it will still be able to run future games at ultra down the road, in 1080p.. so its a good card to buy if you dont want to cut any corners

if you are looking down to step down a bit , then 970/ r9 390 are good choices i guess

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Any way, if you are in college, why not buy a PS4, and a monitor. When you go to home, take it with you.
BrotherBrother the very idea of a play station disgusts me..
Hell..
They can never give u the actual pc game play experience..
Not even close..

- - - Updated - - -

right now it might be overkill,(@60fps) but it will still be able to run future games at ultra down the road, in 1080p.. so its a good card to buy if you dont want to cut any corners

if you are looking down to step down a bit , then 970/ r9 390 are good choices i guess
I guess thn..980ti would suffice me..
Also is it absolutely essential to get a CUP cooler for processor like xeon and i7?
Doesn't the stock cooler do the job?

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Samsung syncmaster b2230 monitor with me..
I guess it has 60hRR.
Can you tell me how will this monitor hold up to gaming with a 980Ti?
Is it suffocient for gaming or will I have to go for a 144hz monitor?
Also is there possible to increse the refrsh rate of the monitor wihour losing the stability?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys need help over here..

rajesh00

Journeyman
BrotherBrother the very idea of a play station disgusts me..
Hell..
They can never give u the actual pc game play experience..
Not even close..

- - - Updated - - -

I guess thn..980ti would suffice me..
Also is it absolutely essential to get a CUP cooler for processor like xeon and i7?
Doesn't the stock cooler do the job?

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Samsung syncmaster b2230 monitor with me..
I guess it has 60hRR.
Can you tell me how will this monitor hold up to gaming with a 980Ti?
Is it suffocient for gaming or will I have to go for a 144hz monitor?
Also is there possible to increse the refrsh rate of the monitor wihour losing the stability?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys need help over here..

My friend had the same syncmaster monitor but 20 inch. I played CS 1.6 on that,it was quite good :) But Viewing angles are pretty bad.But its ok no one play from different angles.

My suggestion is buy cpu components first assemble and play on that monitor,if you don't see any difference then stick with that else buy good monitor.

I think i5 is more than enough for you.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Coukd you please refer the exact model..
And i am going to bebe doing lots of walkthroughs and screen recording..
And these video recorders do engage the processor.
Can the i5 hold up to it?

I have Core i5 4440.Which is pretty good.I don't do much other than gaming

More gaming,less app work i5 4670/4690 is enough

More app work i7/Xeon

Which Doesn't mean i5 is not capable in app and xeon is not capable in gaming.

Pick whichever by keeping in mind about your future work also.

Top Bottom