ultra end gaming PC around 1-1.2 lakh

rajesh00

Journeyman
I do like 980ti. Problem is finding that in india..its a june 6 launch.
Also does 980ti preform better than 970sli?
And the point regarding monitor being that mine is a LCD. Not even a LED one?
LED over LCD does make a large difference, doesn't it?

You mentioned u going to buy within 2-3months.. I guess at that time it might be available locally but u can also check online..
Single powerfull GPU is always better that sli/crossfire. I read sometimes there might be driver issues too.
Well,Thats tough to suggest, probably get any decent LED 1080p for <10k as of now..Later upgrade to 2k/4k. or if budget permits get 1440p monitor,but i don't think they are cheap.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
You mentioned u going to buy within 2-3months.. I guess at that time it might be available locally but u can also check online..
Single powerfull GPU is always better that sli/crossfire. I read sometimes there might be driver issues too.
Well,Thats tough to suggest, probably get any decent LED 1080p for <10k as of now..Later upgrade to 2k/4k. or if budget permits get 1440p monitor,but i don't think they are cheap.
Yup around 2-3 months..
Also is the budget of 100k sufficent for gaming?
Or does it need extension?
I just want make the most of gaming...in that price range of course..120k max.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Yup around 2-3 months..

It should be enough as long as you are not going to be extra demanding. Like an i5 haswell chip would be perfect even for sli.
Secondly, as I can see, don't spend too much on cabinets. Should be 3-5k max.

I would anytime prefer a single card over dual cards as single cards have much lesser problems with respect to drivers, PSU. Also, they are much more efficient. Dual cards is basically a mess. And take too much time to solve problems.

You can chose an ssd later on as well. Its not a necessacity right now and there prices are going down drastically. You can even consider getting one with warranty in the second hand market. Get atleast 256GB minimum. 120GB is useless.

Dont waste money on another 1080p screen if you already have one. As suggested above get either 4k screen or one with higher refresh rate.

You can even consider getting 8GB of ram for now. It would still be sufficient.

You can get decent gaming keyboard and mouse combos in 2-2.5k as well. Look at logitech. No need to spend more than 2.5-3k on those.

Just mix and match the advice I have given above and you would still be able to save plenty of money in your budget in case you want to get a better component later.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
It should be enough as long as you are not going to be extra demanding. Like an i5 haswell chip would be perfect even for sli.
Secondly, as I can see, don't spend too much on cabinets. Should be 3-5k max.

I would anytime prefer a single card over dual cards as single cards have much lesser problems with respect to drivers, PSU. Also, they are much more efficient. Dual cards is basically a mess. And take too much time to solve problems.

You can chose an ssd later on as well. Its not a necessacity right now and there prices are going down drastically. You can even consider getting one with warranty in the second hand market. Get atleast 256GB minimum. 120GB is useless.

Dont waste money on another 1080p screen if you already have one. As suggested above get either 4k screen or one with higher refresh rate.

You can even consider getting 8GB of ram for now. It would still be sufficient.

You can get decent gaming keyboard and mouse combos in 2-2.5k as well. Look at logitech. No need to spend more than 2.5-3k on those.

Just mix and match the advice I have given above and you would still be able to save plenty of money in your budget in case you want to get a better component later.

What about mobo..
Some said about 5-6k ones and then there re those 10-11k ones..
I do not plan to over clock..
Are the costly mobos overclock baised?
I dont want a mobo thats cheap and bottlenecks gc and processor...

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
What about mobo..

While motherboard don't bottleneck anything. The difference lies in the extra or better components for future upgradability.
I would suggest gigabyte h97 d3h for around Rs8.5k.
Its better than MSI. Additionally it contains m2 slot option, pci express, realtek alc1150 sound card which is as good as a discrete sound card. It also contains dual bios for a safety point if view. And yes it does allow for overclocking as well if you have an unlocked processor.

It got everything that the z97 motherboard have even the overclocking options. Just that 1 or 2 options might be missing for serious overclockers. But, the quality of components and options for upgradability is the best in that particular motherboard.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
While motherboard don't bottleneck anything. The difference lies in the extra or better components for future upgradability.
I would suggest gigabyte h97 d3h for around Rs8.5k.
Its better than MSI. Additionally it contains m2 slot option, pci express, realtek alc1150 sound card which is as good as a discrete sound card. It also contains dual bios for a safety point if view. And yes it does allow for overclocking as well if you have an unlocked processor.

It got everything that the z97 motherboard have even the overclocking options. Just that 1 or 2 options might be missing for serious overclockers. But, the quality of components and options for upgradability is the best in that particular motherboard.

Thanks..Does gigabyte have that good ASS reputation in india?
and ASS would be after sale service
:p
Also what I meant was that those low cost mobo may have like unequal power distribution to GC and processor.
Thus debarring them with the amount of power or voltage they require.
I have heard that a poor mobo has bad bad current routing mechanism in the circuits.
So if any component doesn't the required amount of current it may start bottlenecking.
Kind of like an indirect bottleneck due to a poor mobo.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Were you serious about those mic and camera?
Or just a taunt for such a silly question.?
Bro i ll be going to clg now.I do happen to own a s6 edge which preety much does my video calling demands.so no need for a camera.
And i dont expect the net speeds to be that high in clg to be able to play online. That over rules the microphone...

mumble, teamspeak, skype team call is standard for the new age gamer. but if you play single player all alone, yes then no need.
see the most popular games these days are dota2, lol, cs, wow. these days even single player games are going co-op. like the new star wars.
if you never played multiplayer or co-op, try, they are lot more fun and addictive than single player.

that being said, you can pick these parts later when you starting to play multiplayer games.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Yup around 2-3 months..

Depends on the resolution you play.
For 1080p 100k is more than enough. For 2k/4k 100k is not enough..I guess you might have checked the high resolution monitor prices already.

I would say for processor no less than i5 4670 and GPU no less than 980.Remaining components you can adjust.You spending 100k here.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Depends on the resolution you play.
For 1080p 100k is more than enough. For 2k/4k 100k is not enough..I guess you might have checked the high resolution monitor prices already.

I would say for processor no less than i5 4670 and GPU no less than 980.Remaining components you can adjust.You spending 100k here.
Nvidia recently launched 980Ti version..
Claiming that they are abot 30% faster than the existing 980 ones but the price bump is 15-16k b/w them.
so does a 30% increase satisfy the larger price bump..

rajesh00

Journeyman
What about mobo..

Go for ATX boards. 11-12k boards are pro gamer series these boards look and design wise very cool.Other than that nothing much..
I like Asus h97 plus which is around 8.5k.I'm not sure about the gigabye h97 which was mentioned.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Is the price jump of about 15k for the 980 and 980ti justified for the 30% performance increment.?
Or which among the both can be said to have a heigher performance:cost ratio?

rajesh00

Journeyman
Nvidia recently launched 980Ti version..
Claiming that they are abot 30% faster than the existing 980 ones but the price bump is 15-16k b/w them.
so does a 30% increase satisfy the larger price bump..

Think like 30fps more than 980.But what i hate is 4GB vram on 980.And this also depends on resolution.At higher resolution and in near future 4Gb is not enough.First decide what resoution you want to game at..There are 1080p high refresh rate monitor for about 25k or more...1440p monitors priced at >40k

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
mumble, teamspeak, skype team call is standard for the new age gamer. but if you play single player all alone, yes then no need.
see the most popular games these days are dota2, lol, cs, wow. these days even single player games are going co-op. like the new star wars.
if you never played multiplayer or co-op, try, they are lot more fun and addictive than single player.

that being said, you can pick these parts later when you starting to play multiplayer games.

The only multiplayer games I have played is the Counter strike 1.6 and most wanted..
And I am preety good at MW. At least thats what people say.. :p
Other than these no..
Online playing would require blazing fast internet speed i guess...I dont think a clg would provide that...

- - - Updated - - -

Think like 30fps more than 980.But what i hate is 4GB vram on 980.And this also depends on resolution.At higher resolution and in near future 4Gb is not enough.First decide what resoution you want to game at..There are 1080p high refresh rate monitor for about 25k or more...1440p monitors priced at >40k

Most probably 1080p.
Also are the rates like playable for games like Gta 5 and AC unity on the gtx 980
Like in the region of 60-65 fps..?

Last edited:

rajesh00

Journeyman
The only multiplayer games I have played is the Counter strike 1.6 and most wanted..
And I am preety good at MW. At least thats what people say.. :p
Other than these no..
Online playing would require blazing fast internet speed i guess...I dont think a clg would provide that...

- - - Updated - - -

Most probably 1080p.
Also are the rates like playable for games like Gta 5 and AC unity on the gtx 980
Like in the region of 60-65 fps..?

980 is more than enough for 1080p ultra

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

you can play comfortably with 2mbps. that being said you don't play pc games in college. you play the game in college ;-).
why are you even buying gaming pc. just get that laptop.

check out some chit-chat section, there is a thread people posting links deep inside threads.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
you can play comfortably with 2mbps. that being said you don't play pc games in college. you play the game in college ;-).
why are you even buying gaming pc. just get that laptop.

check out some chit-chat section, there is a thread people posting links deep inside threads.

Just get that laptop?
That being??

PC for college !

Most of colleges put a firewall, so you cant download torrents and play games. So Multiplayer is maybe for you.

As of 980, it can handle 1080p 60 fps easily. (*cough Unity *cough Batman *cough).
Try getting a z97 instead of H97.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Thanks..Does gigabyte have that good ASS reputation in india?
and ASS would be after sale service
:p
Also what I meant was that those low cost mobo may have like unequal power distribution to GC and processor.
Thus debarring them with the amount of power or voltage they require.
I have heard that a poor mobo has bad bad current routing mechanism in the circuits.
So if any component doesn't the required amount of current it may start bottlenecking.
Kind of like an indirect bottleneck due to a poor mobo.

Yes Gigabyte have a good ASS. And although ASS is usually region dependent. Like some places would have an easier or faster replacement or repair vis-a-vis other places. Gigabyte is known to have better overall ASS for motherboards compared to MSI or even ASUS.

Coming on to your 2nd question:
No, Good brands like MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte etc don't have any problem like that. They are known to use much better components and the power distribution thing usually comes in when it's an overclocking motherboard.
Having said that, don't worry about those things as you would be perfectly fine with those brands.
Lastly, Gigabyte h97 d3h is the best motherboard that have all the features of the high end gamer boards plus the overclocking features of Z97 series. I am using one right now and I bought it after a lot of research. Believe me, it have got all the bases covered.
And you would be surprised to know that the only thing that the Z97 D3H motherboard have for 1-1.5k extra over H97 D3H is the official ability to overclock. That's all! And you can do that unofficially on H97 D3H as all those options are already available on this motherboard. I am using i5 4590. So, I have no need to overclock. But, it have a separate menu for overclocking a k series processor.
No-matter what anyone else say, there is no need for z97 board until you are a serious overclock enthusiast. Also, the so called gamer branded motherboards that sell for much higher don't offer anything extra in terms of functionality or upgradability over this motherboard. Check the specs to believe it all.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
PC for college !

Most of colleges put a firewall, so you cant download torrents and play games. So Multiplayer is maybe for you.

As of 980, it can handle 1080p 60 fps easily. (*cough Unity *cough Batman *cough).
Try getting a z97 instead of H97.

I m not even sure whether my clg even has LAN in its rooms..
Hope that medical clgs do put LAN outlets in it's rooms...Also it is among the top ranked med. Clgs in India so i guess my chances are high..
Coming to unity and batman.
Unity is one of the worst optimised games for PC..And for batman..
They are still releasing software patches..So, it will be optimised in near future for PC playability...

- - - Updated - - -

JUST a common question to all of you people..I can easily buy an alienware for about 120k, but a custom rig at 100k would provide me a much better gameplay experience than alienware..
Me being a college going student..
What would you suggest?
The alinware or the PC?
COZ pc would give me much better framer rates..But a laptop would ensure that I am not left bored in vaccations back home..
Guys ,shed some light.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Gigabyte have a good ASS. And although ASS is usually region dependent. Like some places would have an easier or faster replacement or repair vis-a-vis other places. Gigabyte is known to have better overall ASS for motherboards compared to MSI or even ASUS.

Coming on to your 2nd question:
No, Good brands like MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte etc don't have any problem like that. They are known to use much better components and the power distribution thing usually comes in when it's an overclocking motherboard.
Having said that, don't worry about those things as you would be perfectly fine with those brands.
Lastly, Gigabyte h97 d3h is the best motherboard that have all the features of the high end gamer boards plus the overclocking features of Z97 series. I am using one right now and I bought it after a lot of research. Believe me, it have got all the bases covered.
And you would be surprised to know that the only thing that the Z97 D3H motherboard have for 1-1.5k extra over H97 D3H is the official ability to overclock. That's all! And you can do that unofficially on H97 D3H as all those options are already available on this motherboard. I am using i5 4590. So, I have no need to overclock. But, it have a separate menu for overclocking a k series processor.
No-matter what anyone else say, there is no need for z97 board until you are a serious overclock enthusiast. Also, the so called gamer branded motherboards that sell for much higher don't offer anything extra in terms of functionality or upgradability over this motherboard. Check the specs to believe it all.

I have heard that z97 have like an inbuilt wifi chip??
Does an h97 posses that?
I mean wifi in mobo is kind of a future proofing thing..

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
I have heard that z97 have like an inbuilt wifi chip??
Does an h97 posses that?
I mean wifi in mobo is kind of a future proofing thing..

Actually, the h97n d3h have an inbuilt wifi and bluetooth. But, its a mini itx motherboard and cost 2k more than atx one.

Secondly, wifi chip doesnt depend on chipset whether its h97 or z97. Some atx motherboard do come with wifi chip but then they cost much more than the standard motherboard we are talking about.
For wifi internet you have 3 choices:
1. Use a usb wifi dongle: I use it. Its quite flexible and have a preety good range. Also, its cheap. Range between Rs300-2k for the best.

2. Use pci wireless card: its always connected to computer, non transferable and kind of getting obsolete.

3. Use lan cable.

A usb wireless dongle is infact a better choice as it also provides portability.

Top Bottom