{ugrent help please} problem with resolution!

napster007

Padawan
hello friends,

i have been using this configuration for about six months now :

amd 955be 3.2ghz
msi 890gxm-g65
4gb ddr3-1333
palit gt 220 (1 gb)

MONITOR : samsung syncmaster 2033 (20.5")

recently whn i turned on my pc, i enounterd a strange problem that i'm not able to fix and hoping you brilliant guys can help me out.... i'd be really greatfull.

When i booted, the screen resolution had dropped to 1024x768 instead of the 1600x1280 which it usually runs on and the whole picture had SHIFTED towards the left leaving about an inch of just dark space at the screens side.

now the thing is tht my gfx is being detected and i'm able to run games at full resolution and all apps too but they too are shifter towards the left and its the windows 7 itself which runs on 1024x768.

my total dedicated graphic memory is showing 1024MB but when i go to the screen resolution option (by right click on desktop) the monitor does not detect as syncmaster.... but the monitor is working just fine...

in the inital stages rebootin helped to solve the problem once or twice, now eveb tht does not wrk... these are the things i already tried but to no avail

- formatted windows 7 again
-used a diffrent pci port for the gfx
-chked the monitor h/w and cleaned and wht not...

can you ppl please help me!!! i cant eveb figure out what the problem is :?:

thank you...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try to shift the screen using the monitor menu(press the button on the monitor) and then select the H POSITION option.
Then try adjusting

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
i did that... i tried updating as well... but no use... ^^ if i shift thr screen using the screen it still gets back to the normal state after reeboot and still its runs in low reslution :( :(....i feel like breakin :(

Top Bottom