Ubuntu Ultimate 1.9 - The Big Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
a Linux that can even beat vista hands down (well almost) u just try it and u will never think of anything else... check it out

*ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Edition_1.9/
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/2308/systemtoolsgj3.jpg
*img516.imageshack.us/img516/systemtoolsgj3.jpg/1/w840.png

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yuck at the theme and yuck at their site! Looks like some kids who think roughly 500MB of themes, gdms, icons, wallpapers etc would make a great distro.

Grow up, every Linux is the same and different at the same time, depends on how you use it. And don't drag Vista into this, it will only lead to another war.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Yuck at the theme and yuck at their site! Looks like some kids who think roughly 500MB of themes, gdms, icons, wallpapers etc would make a great distro.

And a perfect reply to this is....;)

Grow up, every Linux is the same and different at the same time, depends on how you use it..

They like it. Indeed a great distro for them, else they would not waste time on it. ;) hehe LOL !!

NucleusKore

TheSaint

Grow up, every Linux is the same and different at the same time, depends on how you use it. And don't drag Vista into this, it will only lead to another war.

You know one thing I like about the Ubuntu cd install is that it's light, just the way I like it. Making something like ultimate would be......well.......an ultimate bloat. But then, there are people who want that !!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I tried UU 1.7, it looked like Some kids had modified original Ubuntu and added some fancy "stuff". It is poorly tested and full of bugs.

I won't recommend it to anyone.
Instead Try Linux Mint or Dream Linux.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Its a resource hog.. it tried Ubuntu Ultimate 1.3 sometime back.. i had to manually shut down each service that was not supposed to run.. for eg.. Apache.. FTP.. etc etc.. Ubuntu is fine.. mod it.. and get Ubuntu Ultimate with a little footprint..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Want an alternative install to ubuntu ? Get Linux Mint.
Don't waste time on crap like these.

haha ! you make a very bad manager/executive.
dude show some mercy to the children. Its their attempt at linux.
Its kind of nice to see such a distro. that they have interest in linux and they are customizing it to their needs.

in the end its linux that's winning. ;)

K

khattam_

Nice work by these guyz.. Actually, it is a pain to run Ubuntu if you have no internet connection.. and UU resolves this to some extent...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
lololol
their site is the fail

I am studying CSE at a top college in Bangalore..
And many FOSS Leaders and top FOSS guys give seminars at our college from time to time.

They all have one thing to say... Don't talk, Do it and show.
It goes along with the FOSS.IN saying Show me the code.
Don't pass comments now. Lets see what can you do.. can you even manage to make a UU !!!

Talk is waste of time, Was so explicitly highlighted by FOSS India's Atul Chitnes !

go here and see at the FOSS.IN website.

*foss.in/

“Talk is cheap - show me the code”

Show what you done to FOSS and Open Source. As said Talk is cheap. Show it.

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I am studying CSE at a top college in Bangalore..
And many FOSS Leaders and top FOSS guys give seminars at our college from time to time.

They all have one thing to say... Don't talk, Do it and show.
It goes along with the FOSS.IN saying Show me the code.
Don't pass comments now. Lets see what can you do.. can you even manage to make a UU !!!

Talk is waste of time, Was so explicitly highlighted by FOSS India's Atul Chitnes !

go here and see at the FOSS.IN website.

*foss.in/

“Talk is cheap - show me the code”

Show what you done to FOSS and Open Source. As said Talk is cheap. Show it.
Rightly said... :p :)

Hullap, don't waste time on commenting u kid.. :p

Point remains - don't install UU1.9 thinking its the version of ubuntu that "has everything".
Because Linux is not Windows. An ultimate distro would have 1TB of software installed.
This is just one of those newbie centric distros for the migrators from OSes like Macintosh and Windows.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i just uninstalled UU 1.8 ..it looks like kiddish.. dont compared to with vista/mac. (only for UI, not for performance)

i just uninstalled UU 1.8 ..it looks like kiddish.. dont compared to with vista/mac. (only for UI, not for performance)
Compared to apple leopard and microsoft vista, this OS is specially appealing to those people who want all glamour out of box along with loads of fancy i-don't-care-if-they-enhance-productivity-or-not compiz fusion plugins and yet don't want to learn anything to use it, and most importantly, don't want to pay a paise for it.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
WHata ajoke.. People are creating useless distro like the one posted and Ubuntu Gamers and blah b;lah blah just utilizing web space for nothing ! I would say stay away from heap of distro and choose the right one.. I won't even risk my system to test distro like this :p

Talking about Ubuntu Gamer's Edition Live DVD, I think the current release of linux-gamers edition pwns it totally since it is based on Arch Linux and hence has one of the fastest possible speeds and performance. BTW, it IS funny to imagine a geeky distro for gaming :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom