Ubuntu 7.10 Alpha 2 Comes with Compiz Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/701/ubuntu-1280x1024.pngThe second Alpha release of the upcoming Ubuntu 7.10 (codename Gutsy Gibbon) has just been made public a few minutes ago. Tribe 2 brings many updated, new, and exciting applications. "The Ubuntu developers are moving very quickly to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 2 is the second alpha release of Ubuntu 7.10, and with this new alpha release comes a whole host of excellent new features. These features are showcased for your attention.

What's new in Ubuntu 7.10 Tribe 2
  • Compiz Fusion is enabled by default and will bring 3D desktop visual effects that improve the usability and visual appeal of the system;
  • GNOME 2.19.4;
  • Gnash software allows you to play YouTube and other flash videos, and is mostly SWF 7 compliant with v8 and v9 soon to come;
  • XDG-user-directories make user experience more consistent and convenient across sessions, and avoid file cluttering;
  • Firefox 3 Alpha is now available in the Universe repository;
  • Restricted Manager software can now handle drivers which are free in themselves but which require non-free firmware;
  • Apport has been enabled again in this second Alpha release, so you can easily report crashes and bugs.

Download Mirror. :-
  1. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Server sparc (ISO)
  2. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Desktop i386 (ISO)
  3. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Desktop amd64 (ISO)
  4. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Alternate i386 (ISO)
  5. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Alternate amd64 (ISO)
  6. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Server i386 (ISO)
  7. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) Tribe 2 Server amd64 (ISO)

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Seems much bettr den XP (n may b Vista too) n odr linux distros... Wil surely try it out once I knw a little more abt 7.04

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the info .. If possible and if available can you please post Torrent Links. Good to see Compiz Fuzion Being enabled by default. But even installing from the internet didnt take much time for me. It was fast and simple. Now its even simpler :D

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
guys!why dont be courageous enough to apt-pinning the source of gutsy gibbon to ur Ubuntu feisty? :D u can enjoy the softwares from gutsy too.
Oh,yes,u can get ubuntu feisty compiz-fusion repository.below is da hw2:

Compiz Fusion is a very exciting new advancement in Desktop Effects. Be that as it may, Compiz Fuzion is NOT for Beginners. It is in development now, and is not stable.
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=481314

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom