NewsBytes

In the zone
An eagerly looked forward to version of Ubuntu, 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx is a Long Term Supported version, and on face value, replaces the orange look with a pink-purple one. While it is a Multi-User OS, we reviewed it from the perspective of a home user.
The installation was a breeze, and gave plenty of options, from Install inside Windows to Live CD options like Demo/Trial and Full Installation. From the moment you select full installation, there are just 6 steps till it is ...

To read the full news article, click here

srj2504

Right off the assembly line
Re: Ubuntu 10.04 [Review]

Ubuntu 10.04 has really lived up to expectations of being simple and easy to use, but for advanced users, it completely satisfies all needs required once suitable softwares are installed.

Installing softwares is very easy through the Software Center application but it does not get updated regularly, thus I have to resort to using Google to find needed softwares and this kinda removes the simplicity of the OS.

daishi44

Broken In
Re: Ubuntu 10.04 [Review]

count me as one more satisfied Ubuntu 10.04 user .
i am a bit of an intermediate , between a novice and an expert . setting up ubuntu was a breeze , everything worked out of the box , networking was set automatically and softare installation of libraries like Tkinter or ncurses was so was so easy. wish all the linux distros were like that
:mrgreen:

Top Bottom