Ubisoft downgrades

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Now, we all know that Ubisoft downgrades their games after the initial trailer releases. Here's a video that shows how much they do it.Sit back and enjoy

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ubisoft is known to do it so much that it is now expected that this will always happen.

You should see Jim Sterling's rants of Ubisoft.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
but why they do it ? to save costs or what they achieve doing this ?

You need to understand that the managers and sales guys of AAA gaming publishers are not actually gamers, many of them are really just another MBA graduate with a background in box products. For them games are just another product to be sold like say bread or shoes. Like any business CEOs, they don't really care what's in their games as long as it drives sales.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You need to understand that the managers and sales guys of AAA gaming publishers are not actually gamers, many of them are really just another MBA graduate with a background in box products. For them games are just another product to be sold like say bread or shoes. Like any business CEOs, they don't really care what's in their games as long as it drives sales.
Agreed.
But they have Quality team tests the final build of the game.

this is really pathetic.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Agreed.
But they have Quality team tests the final build of the game.

this is really pathetic.

Sometimes getting the product out by a strict deadline is more important (like targeting certain holiday season, etc.) and the video games industry has some of the tightest deadlines among all software development industries.

Zangetsu

Sometimes getting the product out by a strict deadline is more important (like targeting certain holiday season, etc.) and the video games industry has some of the tightest deadlines among all software development industries.

I think this applies to Ubi only...not seen any other having this downgrade issue

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
but why they do it ? to save costs or what they achieve doing this ?

Probably around the time of release they see their games have performance issues with the hardware in the market. So the downgrade.
Also the games don't run as well on consoles and they cannot let they PC games appear visually way better than consoles.
Probably they get lots of per-orders just based on the first look.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Because consoles...

Yes. Many developers are ordered by publishers to keep the game on the same parity as consoles because if console gamers see inferior graphics compared to the PC version, there will be backlash.

Ubisoft's problem is that by showing superior graphics in their E3 reveal videos, they are raising expectations of the consumers. Therefore when the release trailer has inferior graphics, then the consumers will obviously be pissed off. If they show the normal graphics from the start, then I am sure that no one would have cared.

Zangetsu

^^whats the use of showing superior graphics in E3 if its not delivered to the real gamers.

other publishers EA,Bethesda, CD Project doesn't follow this policy of Ubi

OP
Pasapa

Pasapa

Live to die another day
^^whats the use of showing superior graphics in E3 if its not delivered to the real gamers.

other publishers EA,Bethesda, CD Project doesn't follow this policy of Ubi
It's obvious they do this to get the hype up for the release of their games. The only question is how long they can keep doing this

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom