UBISLATE 7+ or BSNL-Penta TPAD

varunparakh

Gamer in me
BSNL/PANTEL(Noida based manufacturer's of the tablet) have started the prebooking of their newly launched tablet, TPAD!

The Penta TPAD IS7O1R (can not be used as a phone though)features a 7" resistive touchscreen, 1 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, upto 32GB storage via memory card, WiFi, 3G dongle support & a front camera. It's priced to compete the Aakash tablet at Rs 3,499.

Two more upgraded versions are available :

The Penta TPAD WS704C is priced at Rs. 9,917.

The Penta TPAD WS802C is priced at Rs. 12,678.

All tablets come with Android 2.3 and a one-year warranty. Customers can also expect to enjoy subsidized data plans from BSNL.

On the other side we have Ubislate 7+ for 3k

Android OS 2.3, Cortex A8, 700 Mhz Processor, 256 MB RAM, Storage: (Internal) 2GB Flash / (External) 2GB to 32GB Supported
Peripherals: 2 Standard USB Ports (Ver. 2.0), Audio Out: 3.5mm jack, Display and Resolution: 7" Display with 800x480 pixels,
Resistive Touch Screen, Connectivity with GPRS & WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, Battery: Upto 180 minutes of battery, AC adaptor 200.240 volts
BUT CAN BE USED AS A PHONE

With plethora of features and BSNL's discounted internet plans, T-PAD looks far more promising than its POPULAR competitor Ubislate7/7+!

What's your say?

I had pre-booked 7+ in early december, will check for a few aspects, and may go for T-Pad IS701R With BSNL :p :wink:

PS : Special launch offer with 3 Months of data download free. In this promotion, a BSNL 2G SIM comes bundled with the product with a special Penta Data plan. if the customer uses the special Penta 2G data plan for 12months, he can recover the entire cost of the tablet, making it "free" for the user.

rajan1311

Padawan
apart from the fact that the TPAD can be used as a phone, feature wise they are no where close to theVeeDee D10 aka Momo9..

mitradkmitra

Right off the assembly line
is veedee D10 / momo9 is available in India ?
When there is no SIM slot available in Penta TPAD 701R, how come the device comes bundled with BSNL 2G SIM ? :-x

can TPAD be used as a phone ?

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
apart from the fact that the TPAD can be used as a phone, feature wise they are no where close to theVeeDee D10 aka Momo9..

Read the review, looks neat stuff! But again, 6-7k is alltogether another price segment! Tablets under 3.5k with these specs isnt bad for video viewing and reading & Angry Birds(if it runs :razz:)

rajan1311

Padawan
Read the review, looks neat stuff! But again, 6-7k is alltogether another price segment! Tablets under 3.5k with these specs isnt bad for video viewing and reading & Angry Birds(if it runs :razz:)

If you are interested, we are having a group order... its going for Rs6500 shipped... very good deal IMO... and yes its available in india, you will mostly get it within 2-3 days of the seller receiving the payment...

here is the link to the GO : VeeDee D10 aka Momo9 at Rs6500

Ridwan Shafi

Life.Gadgets.Awesomeness
I am in a BIG BIG BIG fix :'-( Shud I go wid Ubislate or Pantel....Help Help.....I wont use the SIM card so much....As I am still 16

Top Bottom