TV Suggestion

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,

My LG LED TV had a white screen when i switched it on today there was faint banding within the white.
if the unit is dead then ill need a new set.

Please suggest the best TV for both A) below 20k B) below 30k.

It would be splendid if a smart tv is possible in this budget other wise suggest me models with host of connectivity options.

it should have atleast 2 hdmi ports.

if 2 usb is not common then please suggest a multi port hub to increase tv's connection possibilities.

I was thinking about getting the amazon fire stick and my set top box is hd too so it uses hdmi.

thanks in advance
Aby

Minion

Conversation Architect
Around 3ok
Sony KLV-32W672E for 32k(FUll HD),Panasonic TH-43E460D for 33k

Below 20k
LG 32LJ522D(HD Ready) for 18k,Pansonic TH-32E460D(HD Ready) for 19k

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thanks a lot minion

my tv's screen is done the lg personnel came and checked and asked for 4-5 days to source the component.
today they called in saying we are unable to get the part so we will give you a new unit and you might have to pay more if you go for larger size.

so what tv model should I get from lg as replacement , should i pay more and get a 32 inch or smart tv or should i get the lowest possible full hd or stick to hd ready models?

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
could you help me zero in on a model for both cases.

LG 32LJ616D LED TV With Color Master Engine & Music Player | LG IN
this is the smart tv it has lots of ports as well.

if i go for hd ready tv sets i may get a 2 usb 2 hdmi unit but then i would need amazon fire stick to make it smart.

also the lg rep who called me he said you can look at 24 inch models or 32 but 32 might require you to pay the difference.
my current model was a 28 inch hd ready unit.
does it make sense to go for 24 incher in this case?

*www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-32LJ522D
this and its siblings are hd ready 32 inch.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
thanks a lot minion

my tv's screen is done the lg personnel came and checked and asked for 4-5 days to source the component.
today they called in saying we are unable to get the part so we will give you a new unit and you might have to pay more if you go for larger size.

so what tv model should I get from lg as replacement , should i pay more and get a 32 inch or smart tv or should i get the lowest possible full hd or stick to hd ready models?

Get a larger full HD model without smart features

Minion

Conversation Architect
could you help me zero in on a model for both cases.

LG 32LJ616D LED TV With Color Master Engine & Music Player | LG IN
this is the smart tv it has lots of ports as well.

if i go for hd ready tv sets i may get a 2 usb 2 hdmi unit but then i would need amazon fire stick to make it smart.

also the lg rep who called me he said you can look at 24 inch models or 32 but 32 might require you to pay the difference.
my current model was a 28 inch hd ready unit.
does it make sense to go for 24 incher in this case?

Buy LG 32LJ522D - LED TV with Dolby Digital Sound | LG IN
this and its siblings are hd ready 32 inch.

Go with 32LJ616D 24 inch will be huge downgrade

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
hi all,
just spoke to LG people , yesterday they had told me to send them the purchase invoice. today they are offering 28LH454A as replacement for my tv without any additional payment.

My question is my current tv 28lb515a was 22900 which i got for 18k as the retailer gave discount.
now lg is offering me a model which is 19.5k on their website, aren't they ripping me off .
shouldn't they be offering the model worth the MRP?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Looks like the same TV to me specification wise. Official site has no listing for your current TV (link to snapdeal specs :LG 28LB515A 70 cm (28) HD Ready LED Television)
"Newer" TV's specs: LG 28LH454A- LED TV In India | LG India

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
so should i go for it or are they cheating not replacing on the MRP point?
he is outright denying 28 incher at 22.9k mrp saying these are dealer tactics.

what do you think?

So what should I do? Am I entitled to a replacement unit of the same value as the mrp of the product or the discounted price.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Any ideas guys? should I go for the model lg 28lh454a ? its exactly the same stuff as my unit.
It's your call to make. If it was me, I'd ask for an upgrade to FHD panel without any charges. But if they were giving additional 1-2 year warranty, I'd take it and then maybe sell it off to buy the FHD one.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I had purchased 3 years extended warranty at the time of purchase up till 2020.
the doubt I had was is it a just and fair replacement from lg side considering they shouldn't be concerned if a retail shop gave me discount and work on the mrp.
but the lg person tells me "you bought a 2014 model in 2016 and a 28 incher is not 22k.the dealer might have increased price to give discount" sounds fishy doesn't it.

I agree with the second part of your comment that is why I am thinking ill take what they are giving get a larger better tv at a later date by giving this off in exchange or sell it.
ill ask for full hd upgrade lets see what he says.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I had purchased 3 years extended warranty at the time of purchase up till 2020.
the doubt I had was is it a just and fair replacement from lg side considering they shouldn't be concerned if a retail shop gave me discount and work on the mrp.
but the lg person tells me "you bought a 2014 model in 2016 and a 28 incher is not 22k.the dealer might have increased price to give discount" sounds fishy doesn't it.

I agree with the second part of your comment that is why I am thinking ill take what they are giving get a larger better tv at a later date by giving this off in exchange or sell it.
ill ask for full hd upgrade lets see what he says.

If possible pay them extra and get a 32 inch full HD model

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Before the question of paying extra arises tell me what price should I be negotiating
with them on 22.9k or the discounted 18k.

IMO they should honour the mrp if they do not then I dont have another choice.
32 inch hd ready tvs start from 20k but fhd 24 inch is 25k so I dont think that is possible.

@Minion I am not sure if a 32 inch would fit my living room both on basis of size and viewing distance.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are happy with your current 28" & don't want to spend extra then take the replacement.MRP is just the maximum retail price & there is no restriction on selling it below that price so I don't think LG is wrong in not considering MRP but the actual sale price(& it is highly likely that this is supported by some kind of legal support in their sales & warranty terms & conditions).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Before the question of paying extra arises tell me what price should I be negotiating
with them on 22.9k or the discounted 18k.

IMO they should honour the mrp if they do not then I dont have another choice.
32 inch hd ready tvs start from 20k but fhd 24 inch is 25k so I dont think that is possible.

@Minion I am not sure if a 32 inch would fit my living room both on basis of size and viewing distance.

How large is your room?

Top Bottom