TV Suggestion for 55/65'' around 1 Lakh

akash22

Journeyman
I am looking to buy a TV in the upcoming months. So I would like to know the best models out there around 1 lakh.

1. Budget? 1 Lakh (flexible if getting better quality)
2. Display type and size? OLED/QLED/NANO Cell @4k.... well doesn't matter as long as it is giving me a good experience and lasts long. Size - 55 or 65 inches... will be watching from 6-8 feet distance but will end up watching from 4-5 feet :)
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? Watching Movies, Youtube content, Anime @1080p/4k not sure about 8k, and occasionally/rarely games from PC/ps5.
4. Types and number of ports required? Not sure about this one but I will be buying a Soundbar without any woofer for a compact minimalist look.
5. Preferred choice of brand? brands available in Kolkata, India... LG, Samsung, Sony, etc
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? I have visited few showrooms to get the feeling and understand the difference and really liked the LG nano cell 55 inches and that was @55K INR during the last Diwali and Onplus 65 inches Premium one. Couldn't experience any TCL, Kodak, etc brands as there weren't available.
7. Any other info that you want to share. - Would really prefer slim TV like the LG's wallpaper :p. Can't afford it :) But as much as slim possible with nice bright color reproduction for animes and nice blacks for movies. I don't know exactly how much would this preference of TV will cost me but I am trying to keep aside 1 lakh if it really touches my heart :p and can manage to go up as well till 1.2 or 1.3. But if you suggest not spend this much and settle at 60-70k that would be also great as long as I am getting a nice picture experience.

Isn't 5 feet too close for 55"? I'd say anything closer than 3m might be too close, just my opinion.

Samsung The Frame (2020) is a good 55" TV at 80k. It has a 4K 120Hz panel, is that QLED panel of Samsung.

LG BX OLED will be a great TV in terms of visuals because of OLED (it is better than QLED), might get it locally for 1.2L. Not sure when LG's new A1 & B1 will come to India, A1 will be cheaper than BX. BX & CX are 2020 models & A1, B1 & C1 are 2021 models. OLEDs might have burn-in issue in long run but should be visible only if you run same stuff on TV, like news channels most of the time which has fixed logos & bottom bars.

Top Bottom