TuneUp Utilities® 2006 5.0.2331 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
TuneUp Utilities® 2006 5.0.2331 Released

TuneUp Utilities® 2006 optimizes the performance of your computer, corrects problems and helps you to customize your system to suit your needs. It combines important aspects of system configuration, security, cleaning and maintenance under a modern interface. You can remove unnecessary files from your hard disk(s), clean and optimize the registry, tweak your internet connection settings, recover deleted files, optimize memory and more. In addition, you can analyze your system, receive automatic suggestions for potential performance improvements and view detailed hardware information. TuneUp Utilities also includes an Uninstaller, registry Editor, Task Manager and even an Undelete tool to recover files that have been deleted from the recycle bin. A very nice tool, with many features that will appeal to novice as well as advanced users.
TuneUp Utilities 2006 makes Windows faster, more secure, and comfortable. All important aspects of system configuration, security, cleaning and maintenance are combined under a modern graphical user interface. Version 2006 is the brand new release of our award winning software and offers many useful expansions and new features for optimizing Windows.

Features:
- The 1-Click Maintenance cleans your computer right from your desktop with only one click
- Solves up to 400% more problems in the registry
- Now also defragments the registry of Windows 2000/XP
- Allows you to customize the look of all windows under Windows XP
- Allows you to customize your system to your needs
- Frees your computer of speed and hard disk space hogs
- Optimizes the performance of your PC
- Accelerates your internet connection
- Frees up system memory
- Gives you advice about your hardware and software
- Recovers accidentally deleted files

Changes in TuneUp Utilities 2006:
- user surface: Better co-ordinated and retreaded optics
- user surface: Optimized operation and navigation of the modules
- 1-Click Maintenance: Detailed announcement and selection of the problems which can be repaired
- doing UP RegistryCleaner: Extended Scantechnologie for seeking out still more problems
- doing UP DiskCleaner: Supports the Cache of Mozilla Firefox
- doing UP system Optimizer: Optimization of the connecting attitudes for W-LAN
- doing UP system Optimizer: Browseroptimierung of Mozilla Firefox
- doing UP system control: Offers technical and optical attitude possibilities for Mozilla Firefox
- doing UP StartUp manager: Indicates descriptions and evaluations of the programs
- doing UP Process manager: Indicates still more detailed information
- doing UP Styler 2: Boat screens can be installed
- doing UP Styler 2: Own boat screen can be provided
- doing UP Styler 2: Extended import function (support of star dock IconPackager Themes, star dock BootSkins and star dock LogonXP)...

Homepage - *www.tune-up.com/

Size: 8.67 MB

Download
*download.tune-up.com/TU2006TrialEN.exe
Mirror
*tuneup.swmirror.com/TU2006TrialEN.exe
Mirror
*download.tuneup.de/TU2006TrialEN.exe

selva1966

Journeyman
I am using System Mechanic 5 Professional. Is TuneUp Utilities better?

Anyone who have used both can throw some light on this?

anandk

Distinguished Member
great rajat. thanx.

selva1966 said:
I am using System Mechanic 5 Professional. Is TuneUp Utilities better?
Anyone who have used both can throw some light on this?

i have both on my pc. but i prefer to use tune-up, as i find it better.

ps : wonder why the home page www.tune-up.com doesnt mention it yet ?

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
The 1-Click Maintenance is really powerful now.It was able to remove a lot of invalid active x controls from my system which the earlier version or norton win doctor 2005 failed to remove since last 4 month :!: :!:

Comparisn with System Mechanic, I am also using since 2000, TU 2006 much more competant and reliable. :wink:

anandk

Distinguished Member
rajat22 said:
The 1-Click Maintenance is really powerful now.It was able to remove a lot of invalid active x controls from my system

it too has identified over a 100 invalid activex registry entries; but i m a little apprehensive of removing it.

have u removed them rajat ? any problems ?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I installed it today!
WOW, it has a lot of options and settings...

I removed all errors that it found and nothing wrong happened!

My system is running fast as it was previously! :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
no. the NEW English 2006 (not beta) version has been released.
its even better now...perhaps the best in its category !

ps : i too removed the invalid entries. it appears safe...as no probs so far.

selva1966

Journeyman
Thanks for all the replies. I will be downloading it in unhappy hours.

BTW I think they want to sell 2004 version as much as possible.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
gr888888888

We can change and even create Boot screens using this gr8 s/w.

I found it The Most Easiest Way to create Boot Screens.

Simply open TuneUp Styler, click on the Change Windows XP Boot Screen, click on New Screen button.
Here u can select ne image on ur hard drive or even search with google on net for images. U can also select Image appearance, like scaled, stretched, centred, etc. U can even change the default location of Progress Bar and its color too.

After all these things simply click on Save Boot Screen and then Install Boot Screen.

U can also backup this new boot screen by going to System32 folder and backup Tukernel.exe file. I found it that this s/w creates this file.

And boot screen worked without ne problem.
No resource hacker editing, no s/w to change boot screen, no color palate customization and SP2 limitations.

Its gr88888...

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
It is a good replacement of Style XP. Tune up Win Styler is equally good as Xtyle XP.
Icon Packager is also under threat.
What a ware :!: :!: :!: What else should should I call it :?: :?: All in one :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom