Troublesome Graphics Card

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hello everyone!
My PC had been running fine since 2010 but from the last week I have suddenly and unexpectedly started experiencing graphics trouble.
The specs of my PC are:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2100
Motherboard: Intel DH61WW
RAM: 2x2 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Sparkle GTS 250 1GB DDR3
Now, last week my computer gave "The graphics driver has recovered from a serious error" error while playing FIFA. I resumed the game and soon a sudden BSOD was encountered. After that there was no display while booting. I removed the GPU and hooked the monitor to the on-board graphics and the display was back. So I took the GPU to a technician who told me that it had fried a circuit and he could fix it. He did repair it and my display is back on the graphics card, but now I cannot do any GPU intensive work. As soon as the GPU is stressed there is a BSOD with "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" and "GRAPHICS_TDR_FAILURE" messages. Sometimes the current window crashes and "The graphics driver has recovered from a serious error" or "The graphics driver had crashed and has recovered" pops up.
I can't play games, watch 1080p videos or open graphics heavy webpages.
On my part, I've tried doing everything I could think of:
1. Reinstalling the card and its driver from scratch.
2. Updating the driver to the latest January one.
3. Fresh installation of Windows 8.1.
Nothing seems to work.
So what do you guys think is the problem?
Do I need to replace this and get a new GPU? If so what would you recommend for a Rs. 7000 budget?
Thank you :)

quicky008

Technomancer
This card looks pretty good,i think it will suffice for your needs:

*mdcomputers.in/products/graphics-c...x-1gb-ddr5.html&filter=ATTRIBU=R7+250X=80=GPU

Btw which psu do you have?

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
I got a Cooler Master K100 cabinet which came prefitted with a Cooler Master 400W PSU. It has been working well with my card for the past 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

This card looks pretty good,i think it will suffice for your needs:

SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD R7 250X 1GB DDR5 (R7 250X 1GB DDR5 - 11229-00-41G - 840777065860 )

Thanks for the suggestion bro. I was looking at this one too :) Found it a couple 100 bucks cheaper at Snapdeal.

I got a Cooler Master K100 cabinet which came prefitted with a Cooler Master 400W PSU. It has been working well with my card for the past 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion bro. I was looking at this one too :) Found it a couple 100 bucks cheaper at Snapdeal.

That PSU is most probably crap. You should get a new PSU.

Top Bottom