Trouble with my CRT monitor, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

My 14" CRT monitor (Vintron), which was part of my original machine bought in 1999, is facing a peculiar problem. Actually for the last few days, the screen is not shown in original colour. It is giving greenish, blueish an yellowish tinge. :confused: Also it starts flickering when these discolouration are shown. :eek: What has become the problem? :( And how to solve it? This monitor has given me great service for over 6 1/2 years.

Waiting for your comments! :?

vandit

In the zone
if u have placed ur speakers near the monitor take them far away....moreover enable the degauss from the OSD from the monitor..

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
vandit said:
if u have placed ur speakers near the monitor take them far away....moreover enable the degauss from the OSD from the monitor..

My MX-5021 satellites are placed at least 3 feet away from the monitor. And moreover the speaker manual says that they are magnetically shielded. They are placed like this for the past 1 year since I bought these speakers. Cannot understand why this discolouration is happening so suddenly. :rolleyes: :eek: :( .

Where do I get the degauss menu?

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
since ur monitor is quite old,it may not have the degauss menu at all.
about the discouloration,i think it may be bcoz ur mon. is old. get it checked by a local monitor mechanic. i think he will be able to solve it

zuala77

Broken In
hi

I think....that..it is because of the speakers..i used to have this Lg...17 inch with built in speakers...i replace them.....bought a new 17 tft...i am not telling u to buy a TFT but i think it is time for upgrading,,,as it has been reliable for a long time.....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It obviously is not because of the speakers if they are three feet away and have been so for the past year!

I think you need to replace your monitor. As you said, it is very old and is probably breathing (or in this case, 'flickering') it's last.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Its not due to the sattilites coz they a magnetically shielded.But the woofer cannot be shielded that is why keep it away by atleast 3 feet
Well I also faced the same problems with my 8 yr old monitor......and ur monitor is also quite old and u should say good bye to it and get a new 1.....!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Of course you can get it repaired by a technician, but the cost will definitely be not worth it. Now a days the cost of monitors have come down drastically and the quality gone up. My first monitor (14") bought in 1996 developed symptoms similar to the ones described by you three years later. I got it repaired but troubles started again in one year when I bought a LG 17" flat for Rs.13000 which I am still using but has started showing signs of ageing with similar symptoms. Now a similar monitor with better quality and more features are available for 6000+.
So, better change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom