Trouble making purchase on Play Store

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Hi. I want to purchase an app (Poweramp to be precise) from Play Store. I originally wanted to pay using PayPal but there is no option for that. I tried using my PNB MasterCard debit card but it says the card number is invalid. I have verified the card number and it's correct. What is the issue here and how can I make the purchase?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: Trouble makinf purchase on Play Store

Debit Cards aren't officialy supported(except cards from a few banks). Check this: *www.digit.in/forum/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards-60.html

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

Debit Cards aren't officialy supported(except cards from a few banks). Check this: *www.digit.in/forum/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards-60.html

Okay, so what am I left with? Poweramp is close to $3 on it's website but just 62 bucks on Play Store. Does ICICI and HDFC work?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Apparently HDFC & ICICI(do work for most people posting in the above thread) but I don't have personal experience from them. The safest bet to make a purchase would obviously be a Credit Card.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

ICICI should work considering that it worked for me on ebay.com

A

amit.tiger12

I purchased from google play store using ICICI card, internet banking, it worked there... I think you should try ICICI internet banking for this.. I don't know why other banks does not support this google wallet thing..?? :(

$hadow

Geek in making
I use PNB CC but my bro use ICICI and HDFC and for both of the the cards work just fine.

Minion

Conversation Architect
My SBI card doesn't work with google playstore google should do something about this.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My SBI card doesn't work with google playstore google should do something about this.

SBI DC is crap for online international transactions. They don't have the back-end to separate the sites which require 3DS Code/OTP and those which don't.

Minion

Conversation Architect
off topic

I am not able to get OTP(one time password) on my mobile.It is registered and I get balance when amount is either debited or credited plz shed some light on this. Due to this reason i can't even recharge my phone with debit card.:-x

Is there a way i can change my 3D secure password.

$hadow

Geek in making
off topic

I am not able to get OTP(one time password) on my mobile.It is registered and I get balance when amount is either debited or credited plz shed some light on this. Due to this reason i can't even recharge my phone with debit card.:-x

Might be a problem with your branch.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
off topic

Some CC's work on password rather then OTP. Contacting your bank to change this is the only way to do it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
HDFC debit card with chip works on Google play.