Trojan!? Where from??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Ok, here's what.

Somehow, every few days, when I run my periodical virus scan using ESET NOD32 with the latest definitions, I find completely new trojans, varying from 5 to sometimes over 40 infected files.

But my question is, where are they coming from??

I don't go around executing any files without knowing what they're going to do, I don't ever open a pen drive unless its been scanned by both NOD32 and Malwarebytes. If anything, I think the only thing I'm doing wrong is not regularly applying the latest hotfixes using Windows Update, but even if there are vulenaribilities, the trojans have to have a source right??

So what's the source?? My Windows Firewall is always turned on, and I use Chrome as my primary browser. Apart from that, I have five ports that I've left open for use with uTorrent.

And I can't for the life of me figure out the source of these damn things. So any ideas appreciated.

pushkar

Journeyman
Are any suspicious processes running (See Task Manager).

And just because you don't open a pen drive without scanning doesn't mean you are completely safe, because if autorun is on, as soon as you plug a pen drive into the system, the autorun runs the malware programs, although Malwarebytes should have taken care of that if real-time protection is switched on.

ramprasad

In the zone
According to me, uTorrent is the culprit...
Always scan the files downloaded from Torrents before u open them...

Esp. be careful with exe and rar files downloaded from Internet or Torrents.
If possible check the MD5 checksum with the original executable from the Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom