Transporting Desktop PC...Need Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hi people,
i am going to transport my desktop pc, by packing each component in its own box (ie, component wise), i want to know, whether i can leave the processor in the mobo, or if i have to remove it???

thanks for reading.

Chetan1991

Youngling
iMav is right. Proccessor is a very delicate thing. you should keep in the motherboard. Just check before transporting that the heat sink is fixed securely. if it is, nothing is going to happen to your processor until somhow the whole motherboard breaks up......lol , joking. just make sure that the cabinet is safely packed.

OP
confused

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
iMav is right. Proccessor is a very delicate thing. you should keep in the motherboard. Just check before transporting that the heat sink is fixed securely. if it is, nothing is going to happen to your processor until somhow the whole motherboard breaks up......lol , joking. just make sure that the cabinet is safely packed.
thats what i mean to say, i am going to remove the mobo, from the cabinet, pack it inside its original box (in which i bought it). now obviously the mobo wont fit inside the box, with the cpu heatsink still attached to it...so i need to remove the heatsink anyway.

hope u understood what i mean to say...
but i feel leaving the cpu in the mobo, is dangerous...coz any impact on the mobo, will put lot of pressure on the cpu pins....but on the other hand, i can remove the cpu and wrap it well with damping material,(i still have the plastic cover in which the cpu came).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Dude, remove the heat sync & leave the procy connected. You can easily detach both but I would strongly recommend that remove the heat sync and leave the procy on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom