transporting bike fromTamil Nadu to Karnataka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
Hi,
I have to take my bike from Tamil Nadu(Coimbatore) to Karanataka(Bangalore). So do i need to change the number plate.? What is the procedure to ride a different state bike in Karanataka without getting caught by police. Recently i heard that the supreme court has put an order that we can ride other state bikes just by having a NOC. Do anyone know in detail about it Or any other sites where i can post this query.?

Thanks in advance.

Rahim

Married!
You just have to get a NOC from Motor Vehicle Dept. I myself am in a process of one such thing with my car (WB to Bihar). Noneed to change the numbers.

OP
Pragadheesh

Pragadheesh

In the zone
thanx for ur response.. so i have to get NOC from karnataka or tamil nadu.? also any idea of how much it would cost to get the NOC.?

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Riding TN registered vehicles in Bangalore is blasphemous. You will be picked every time you venture out. Ensure you get NOC before you kick start.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
A trick that has most often worked, change the number plate to kannada. this way the police will think its a karnataka registration vehicle. I have seen numerous vehicle from other states using kannada number plate :). Also make sure you have all documents and NOC .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom