Transferring Videos from a MiniDV tape to my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthacker

Journeyman
Hi, I have a Sony HC-32E Camcorder. I want to know how can i transfer videos that are recorded in the tape to my hard drive in my computer. I use Windows XP Pro (SP1). and I am connecting my cam through a USB Cable.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

pramod_kk

Broken In
You can use a firewire card which comes around Rs 500 to Rs600.The card also generally comes with good capturing software like Ulead video studio.You can then make a VCD ,SVCD or DVD if you have a DVD writer .You should have enough disk space and preferably a pc >2.2 GZ processor and preferably 512MB ram.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
ok..but what If i dont want to buy a firewire card and want to use the existing USB cable which cam with teh camcorder.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
hearthacker said:
ok..but what If i dont want to buy a firewire card and want to use the existing USB cable which cam with teh camcorder.

If you dislike Firewire as well as good quality, then of course go with the USB.

puja399

In the zone
With USB, u will get crappy quality movie with 320X240 resolution, and no point in buying miniDV camcorders. Unless ur motherboard has build-in IEEE1394 controller, u hv to buy a firewire card, or better still, a good capture card capable of MPEG2 hardware encoding.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
so..u mean that using the available USB cable..i CANT transfer the videos in my camcorder to my PC if i dont have a firewire card. ( i m ready to compensate on the quality ) and i managed to get a TV tuner card from my friend...its an INTEX one...i dnt knw much details abt it...so..is there ANY software which can detect video in my MiniDV tape when my camcorder is connected to my pc?

puja399

In the zone
hearthacker said:
so..u mean that using the available USB cable..i CANT transfer the videos in my camcorder to my PC if i dont have a firewire card. ......
Nobody said that. Of course u can transfer using usb, just plug in the usb cable and use the bundled software to capture. And using a tv tuner card (that too with Intex) for capturing is not recommended.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
uhhh...there is one very little problem....i might have lost the bundled sofwtare CD...so...is there any other software u cn recommend...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Pl try to understand the answers already given by members. I think all your doubts are already cleared.

anispace

dattebayo
use a firewire cable, since usb sucks ( very bad quality+slow capture).
u can use the usb cable to transfer images stored on ur memorystick(on ur cam).

Sony camcorders come bundled with "Picture Package" software which u can use to tranfer the videos\images to ur PC. Or u can use Windows movie maker bundled with XP.

champ_rock

champ_rock
just use the windows movie maker software... comes pre-installed with windows xp.......

it is far better than that stupid sony software which has a crappy interface..... just play the video and press the capture button..... it will start capturing...

P

priyadarshi

puja399 said:
With USB, u will get crappy quality movie with 320X240 resolution, and no point in buying miniDV camcorders. Unless ur motherboard has build-in IEEE1394 controller, u hv to buy a firewire card, or better still, a good capture card capable of MPEG2 hardware encoding.

I'm using samsung sc d-353 which has 4 video capturing option.
1. S-video
2. IEEE 1394
3. USB 2.0 and through
4. audio video jack
I've got USB cable and bundled software like Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE and Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE DVD once i tried to capture the video, it plays too slow, just like webcams do after connecting to net. I went to a studio lab where they connect their system through my audio video cable into their pinnacle card and the result was too good.
now i'd like to know the way i can get the best result. is IEEE 1394 controller and firewire are same? is it better than A/V and S-video? does P3 (800Mhz, Krypton's M6VLQ Grand motherboard with 512+256MB of RAM) supports IEEE 1394? which brand will be the best for optimum result? and which software will be the best as my DV driver supports only windows98 & Millenium and not server O/S. if possible please mention the price too (including cables).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom