transferring from C drive to D drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
If the Norton Antiviruts in on the C drive, then how to transfer it completely to D drive without any damge.

Can you give me the name of the best website which will enable to get completely Freeware Software that may be used to lock the folders and files?

technoteen

Journeyman
for the fist query use system mechanic or partiton magic

for second option if you are using xp and ntfs as your filesystem, you lock all the files in your personal folders (documents & settings, my documents)

or a simpler way is to use zip files with password option

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, to lock ur files and folders, use WINZIP (any version) or u can also use WinRAR provided to u in the Digit Mar/Feb 2005 CD (oops sorry dont remember wich CD but its in any one of the Issues mentioned tats for sure)

All other softwares available online on the Internet r shareware or freeware but if u hv to lock down many of ur files and folders then u hv to purchase the full version of a particular software......(wich sumtimes is a bit costly)

cheers n peace.... :p:)

K

khattam_

kumarn_2004 said:
If the Norton Antiviruts in on the C drive, then how to transfer it completely to D drive without any damge.

Can you give me the name of the best website which will enable to get completely Freeware Software that may be used to lock the folders and files?
I don't know what problem you are having...........
Maybe uninstallation and reinstallation will do............
Uninstall and while reinstalling, choose d:
And then update it again over the internet ...............
Just transferring is, at least i think, impossible............

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
copy paste of NAV frm c: to D; will make it useless..
remove it first completely,nd then reinstall back in d:...

nd for future make a habit of installing programs,data files,etc.. on diff drive than ur root OS drive..i.e d:...e:....etc anything depending upon ur partitions...keep ur c: ONLY FOR OS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom