Transcend 64GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_x

In the zone
Hi,

I've recently installed Transcend's 64 GB Solid State Disk (2.5" IDE) to my desktop. Now I'm using it as the system drive on my desktop with only the OS on it (Win XP Pro SP3).
The start up is real fast and it takes only 8-10 secs to boot up my PC. The installed programs are working real fast.
I do not find any considerable difference when i access files from my other HDDs. The difference in speed is only felt when i work on the data which is stored on the same SSD drive.
*www.transcendusa.com/Products/images/SSD/SSD25/SSD25/SSD%28ALL%29_IDE_530x400_64G_product.jpg:razz:

monkey

Padawan
The reason is simple - your data accessing speed is determined by the slower component among the SSD and HDD (which is HDD in your former case). When the data is on SSD only then you will be guided by the speed of SSD alone (which is much faster).

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
SSD's are still very expensive and yet to become mainstream in the Indian market. Till the time they cut the prices down to atleast something close to WD Black, nobody would think about it. But that said, SSD's have no match for performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom