TP-Link Wireless Problem.

Gtb93

In the zone
Hey guys.
I current have a TP-Link wireless router, and a cisco-model cable modem.
Connection: You Broadband pune.

The issue:
The internet works fine when I connect my laptop to the cable modem directly by using an ethernet cable.
However, when I connected the ethernet to the WAN port on the wireless router and try to use the connection as a wi-fi network, it always shows limited access and doesn't connect to the internet. It used to work last week properly, then I had recieved a message from the ISP stating that they're undergoing server maintenance for 2 days. The problem started occuring after those 2 days.

Trouble shooting:
1. I've tried power-cycling.
2. Since I had read online, about the MAC address of the laptop being registered on the cable modem and that it conflicts when the mac of the wireless router tries to get the IP from the modem, I've cloned the MAC of the laptop to the router.
3. Changed the default gateway, factory reset nada nada.
4. Switched off for a day.

I've called up the ISP numerous times, but they keep telling me that their node is working etc etc and that the router is not functioning. (all the lights on the router are still functional). What bothers me is that this error started only after the downtime from the ISP's end.

Any suggestions/solutions guys?
I will be trying out a few other routers which I will be borrowing from my friends.

Regards.

intricate

Broken In
hi

What I suggest is:

1. You should ask your SPI/Aministrator if your IP address is asigned to your NIC. If not, cloning is unnecessary.
2. Does the laptop has wired NIC? Try it
3. What OS do you use on your laptop. You might have misconfigured sth in your NIC. Uninstall your NIC (device manager) and reboot your computer. It will install wireless NIC again with its default setting or you can configure it properly
4. See if your WPA2 is OK on laptop
5. See if you have DHCP on on the laptop
6. DHCP must be on in router, too
7. See if your router has RADIO on.
8. Reset router / set password, set WPA2 key; configure your laptop with appropriate SID and WPA2 password.

Top Bottom