TP-LINK TL-WR740N with BSNL - help needed!

n3rd

In the zone
Hey everyone,

So I just recently bought a TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router as my D-Link modem+router setup is not functioning as well as it should. Now I have set up the username and p/w of BSNL in the PPoE settings (it was easy enough) and it's all accurate - but the DSL light simply won't glow. I don't know why that is. It works perfectly well with my D-Link modem.

It's supposed to work well with BSNL, right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just to be clear is this what you are doing:
telephone line----->dlink modem(in bridge mode/no bsnl username/pw in its setting)---->tp-link router(pppoe mode with bsnl username/pw)

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
just to be clear is this what you are doing:
telephone line----->dlink modem(in bridge mode/no bsnl username/pw in its setting)---->tp-link router(pppoe mode with bsnl username/pw)

Nope - I plugged DSL into WAN port of TP Link. I can't use the router directly as router/DSL modem?
I'm a total n00b here so bear with me.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
modem & router are different things.unless the product title says adsl router it is just a router.you need to connect modem lan port to wan port of router in the scheme i earlier posted.

P.S.which series is your avatar pic from?

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Well, ****. Damn my ignorance, anyway thanks everyone!
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] - IT Crowd, Season 1 - "Would I blow everyone's mind if I ate dessert first?" :D

Top Bottom