Touchscreen not working, can use with OTG mouse

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
Motorola is also Chinese? :-( I didn't know about Moto G9 Power, seems like a good phone.

I am in no hurry, and will probably wait for a better phone to be available. I've really liked using the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, and I'd easily buy another Asus phone, but Asus doesn't have as many service centers. In this regard, Samsung and Redmi have a big advantage.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Motorola is also Chinese? :-( I didn't know about Moto G9 Power, seems like a good phone.

I am in no hurry, and will probably wait for a better phone to be available. I've really liked using the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, and I'd easily buy another Asus phone, but Asus doesn't have as many service centers. In this regard, Samsung and Redmi have a big advantage.

Yupp that's true. After sales problem is there...

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
I think I'll have to give this phone in exchange now. After getting it repaired, I've found that the touchscreen is not as responsive as the original one; you have press slightly harder for it to work. On top of that, I'm not getting any sound in voice calls - no sound when the number is being dialed and also when the other person picks up. I've tested the speaker and microphone of the phone by playing a video and recording an audio and it works fine, so I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware, but during calling, there is no sound at all.

Does the delivery agent check voice calling when he inspects the phone for exchange, or does he just check if it is powered on and works?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Does the delivery agent check voice calling when he inspects the phone for exchange, or does he just check if it is powered on and works?

He mostly Inspects it visually and on booting the phone, he checks for camera and test a youtube video only.

I think I'll have to give this phone in exchange now. After getting it repaired, I've found that the touchscreen is not as responsive as the original one; you have press slightly harder for it to work. On top of that, I'm not getting any sound in voice calls - no sound when the number is being dialed and also when the other person picks up. I've tested the speaker and microphone of the phone by playing a video and recording an audio and it works fine, so I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware, but during calling, there is no sound at all.

Strange, I think you can ask that mechanic about it. But since that phone is working, and touch is repaired now, I dont think you will be able to get anything above 2500 on exchange (This is what I got on 3 yr old phone, its MRP was 14k and was completely fine, didnt have a crack, only back was scratched a bit, less than 1 cm. ) But if it ia giving 3000+, then you can go for exchange. Else, just keep the phone and you can use it a time of emergency etc.

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
If he won't check the calling function, I should be okay. Youtube videos play fine on the phone. It doesn't have any big scratches, but the place where you attach the charger pin is a bit dented. I found some reviews on Amazon saying they reject the phone even if there is a small scratch.

I'm getting around Rs. 3700 on Amazon for Redmi Note 9 Pro and the same amount on Flipkart for Poco M2 Pro and Poco X3, the only difference being Amazon says fixed exchange value, meaning the amount will remain the same, while on Flipkart, its Rs. 1700 to 3750.

All the above phones are Chinese ones, with ad-ridden MIUI so I'll have to flash a custom ROM after buying. There's also the whole Chinese spying thing. How are Samsung's Exynos phones, in terms of ads, and also data collection / spying? Are they usable using stock ROM? If only there was an option to easily flash custom ROM on Samsung phones (below 20k), I'd get one without thinking.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
If he won't check the calling function, I should be okay. Youtube videos play fine on the phone. It doesn't have any big scratches, but the place where you attach the charger pin is a bit dented. I found some reviews on Amazon saying they reject the phone even if there is a small scratch.

I'm getting around Rs. 3700 on Amazon for Redmi Note 9 Pro and the same amount on Flipkart for Poco M2 Pro and Poco X3, the only difference being Amazon says fixed exchange value, meaning the amount will remain the same, while on Flipkart, its Rs. 1700 to 3750.

All the above phones are Chinese ones, with ad-ridden MIUI so I'll have to flash a custom ROM after buying. There's also the whole Chinese spying thing. How are Samsung's Exynos phones, in terms of ads, and also data collection / spying? Are they usable using stock ROM? If only there was an option to easily flash custom ROM on Samsung phones (below 20k), I'd get one without thinking.

Samsung does have ads but they can be disabled by user during setup. Data collection can be disabled too. Custom ROM development is not too good for Samsung in budget segment

You can go for Motorola g9 for non bloated UI and best custom ROM experience. As it allows rooting.

Top Bottom