Too slow BIOS startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnpandya

Broken In
Config: P4 2.66 GHz (64-bit), D101GGC mobo, 512 MB DDR 400 RAM, 80 GB SATA & 40 GB PATA HDD, LiteON DVD ROM, Yamaha SCSI CD RW.

The PC takes almost a minute on the first BIOS startup screen. After that, everything is fine. I have not seen any other computer behaving like that. Because of the time taken by the BIOS screen itself, even hibernation is not that much effective to use.

Any clues to decrease the delay?

Thanks in advance.

assasin

Banned
ok.remove all drives and all add-on cards.run ur pc only with proccy and ram.
then start connecting 1 component at a time.if u get delay after connecting a certain component then try that on another pc.

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
I disabled the BIOS screen itself to see the exact place where it gets stuck. It takes long time to access the HDD and CD/DVD Drives. After displaying the list, it again takes some more time. Then the verification screen (which comes before the windows xp start up screen) takes around 10 sec and then it starts normally.

I checked my drives on other pcs but they work fine. Even the hardware check (by Speedfan 4.32) for all the drives comes ok. Wires can be the probelm? I will check and return.

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom