To how much extent P4 can be overclocked?any suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhalchandra

Broken In
:)
Hi to everybody....
I have just assembled a PC for my friend and he asked me that upto what extent any CPU can be overclocked. I am not so sure about that so i need help
I gave him PC for following configuration....he is gaming enthusiast so please tell me in breaf....also any tweaks that i can find better of

CPU : Intel P4 3.2E
MOBO : ASUS P4P800 DELUXE
RAM : 4 X 512 KINGSTON VALUE RAM @ 400MHZ
GRAPHICS CARD : ASUS ATI RADEON X800 PRO 256 MB GDDR3
SOUND CARD : CREATIVE SB AUDIGY 2 ZS
SPEAKERS : CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
CD-ROM : ASUS DVD ROM
CD-WRITER : ASUS 52X32X52 QUETRACK
SMPS : VIP 400W
HDD : 2 X 80 GB HITACHI @ 7200RPM
CABINET : 5 FANS ARRANGEMENT IBOX
UPS : APC WITH 10 MIN BATTERY BACKUP

I want to ask u that how much will this P4 can be overclocked plz give me breaf answer

G

gxsaurav

This is a preety high end PC, higher then even mine, but then again, I M sure he is using stock cooling, at which Overclocking is not recomended

The P4 3.2E Prescott can be easily overclocked to 3.6 GHz but not with Stock intel cooler

This PC is already hign end, tell your friend not to overclock, this will do anything he wants for the next 3 years

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
There's no set limit as to how much u can clock. No two processors clock alike even the ones with the same features etc. Investing in a better cooling solution will reduce chances of damage to ur CPU and will allow u to overclock more. With a Liquid nitrogen cooling like prometeia u can overclock a 2.8G Intel to insane speeds like 4Ghz etc. So basically it depends on cooling, temperatures and Mobo.

G

gxsaurav

blade_runner said:
There's no set limit as to how much u can clock. No two processors clock alike even the ones with the same features etc. Investing in a better cooling solution will reduce chances of damage to ur CPU and will allow u to overclock more. With a Liquid nitrogen cooling like prometeia u can overclock a 2.8G Intel to insane speeds like 4Ghz etc. So basically it depends on cooling, temperatures and Mobo.

Liguid Nitrogen, is it even available in India, if it is let me guess it costs Rs 30,000

OP
B

bhalchandra

Broken In
what is about cooling by thermaltake aquarius II?
is it worthy to use for overclocking iread an article on that.....
You can find some help here........\

*www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm

hope so it is worthy to buy
But anybody is having good solution for 5k then he is ready to go for that
Please where i can find it in mumbai with contact details

theraven

Technomancer
ooo yess
if u got the cash thats the best method
specially if ur overclockin beyond limits
u definitely need a water coolin solution
probably be able to clcok it to 3.6 ghz + with this
but then again like blade said theres no set limit
its all trial and error

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@gxsaurav: It might be available but whos gonna handle it lol ! However finding a suitable compressor is difficult. A comany Chip Con makes such cooling solutions.

@bhalchandra: You might find the solution u r looking for @ primeabbg. They do stock ThermalTake products.

OP
B

bhalchandra

Broken In
if suppose he ready to buy thermaltake water cooling kit then where he should asked for it
Can anybody give me idea of prime abbg.....where it is situated and give me any link for there website

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Goto lamington and ask arnd for Naaz cinenma ........there's a little bylane in front if the street from where the cinema's located. Prime's located there, got my 9600XT frm them. You can also pick up Antec cabinets, CCFL's, etc frm there.

casablanca

Broken In
overclocking.... well i remember Darklord (if not mistaken, he had o/c 2.4c ghz to 3.6ghz)he would answer it perfect
by the way where is he not to be seen long time

G

gxsaurav

rite now, Zalman is cooling my 3.06 beast fine, However if psooible Zalaman Reserator is my choice for water cooling Cool & Quite

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
look for darklord at the tech arena community.
btw why the do u need to overclock when u have such a decent piece?

techjunkie47

Right off the assembly line
I thought asus come with its own overclocking software so through it i guess you can overclock the mobo and other till a certain safe stage no need to wory abt extra cooling

But if you are doing anything a litlle more extreme then do opt in for extra cooling fans and thermal paste and also consider water cooling
There are quite a few sites explaining them as well selling them!!

techjunkie47

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys just found something =>

Tom’s Hardware reports that Asus has finally started including BIOS that allow for some tweaking of

the Socket 775 motherboards. Proving to nay sayers that state that Pentium is too difficult to

overclock, tweak, etc, this out to have proud new Asus owners seeing just how far they can push

things on their new boards.

It can finally be done. Asus now delivers BIOS versions with its Socket 775 motherboards that allow

you to tweak Pentium 4 Prescott multipliers, which represents a first step by a mobo maker to

unleash the processor's overclocking potential. While Asus' 'CPU Lock Free' mobo BIOS feature won't

unlock the full potential of Pentium 4 multipliers, it does makes use of Intel Prescott's

Performance Requirement Bit feature. It is now thus possible to unlock the multiplier for high-end P4 Prescott processor.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
We get CCFL in India, Mumbai, whoa man im going to mumbai....4 sum shopping................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom