to how much distance we can send text message thru bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@gauravsuneja

u can send and recieve msgs for about 100 m in open air.. and 30 m in closed buildings..

@raven.. check this month's DIGIT.. page no 35..its given ther.. :D

theraven

Technomancer
bharatbala i very well know what im talkin abt
100m open air is pretty much "idle" distance
transfer it over a 100 metres during any given day and temme :p

Charley

Just Do It
raven ur right..... I was informed thats it a max of 10mtrs, but u said even above 10, i tried it now but it doesnt ... Why?

theraven

Technomancer
i told ya ... depends on a lot of factors as well as the bluetooth device and its signaling capabilities
i say 10m but u get dongles that advertise 25 m as well
100m is completely far fetched tho !

hack expert

In the zone
well as much as i know it depends on the specification of the device
usually in cellphone its about 10 mtrs
in office networks itz bot 100 mtrs

Well Something About Bluetooth

Many of the most popular models of Bluetooth-enabled cell phones can be hacked easily, enabling a malicious hacker to steal phone books, images, calendar information, or virtually anything else stored on the phone, say a pair of security experts.

three different ways to attack a phone: He could send unsolicited text messages to the phone's screen, download all the data stored on a phone (or manipulate the data on the phone itself), and turn the phone into a roaming bug by forcing a targeted phone to call another phone.

This last attack, which the pair call "BlueBugging," is potentially the most damaging because once the attacker initiates a call on the victim's phone, there's no need to stay within Bluetooth range, typically about 30 feet. The target need only be in a phone service area to be exploited.

Source
*www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117203,00.asp

theraven

Technomancer
again 100 metres ?
prove it ... im waiting !

waht did u say thats diff ? ur quoting all of the above
@neeraj thanx but as u can see no one asked anything abt BT security !

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah rite...practically you wont get more than 10m (the ones which are advertised at 100m work for 10m)...this is because you haf a lot of obstructions (like walls, curtains n stuff which are good absorbers of the waves). so the signal weakens....

practically wid a 25m range dongle i get abt 5m radius connectivity....i hafnt done any real world testing of 100m range in open space...but one more imp thing is that both the transmitting device as well as the receving device should haf that much range........

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@raven i dunno m8... las nite i was readin digit.. and was given ther.. thats all :? i said that in my earlier post too.. i said its in page 35 of this month digit.. i don have a BT mob.. :D

hack expert

In the zone
well to say about hacking they reached a further limit
nowadays a few manipulation in the bluetooth antena can allow acess from upto one mile
well does it seem unbelivable u can read it for ur self
just try this in google

bluetooth sniper guns

u`ll get all info on it well does that satisfy the 100 mtrs prob
well the above technology it still unavailable in india

hack expert

In the zone
well to say about hacking they reached a further limit
nowadays a few manipulation in the bluetooth antena can allow acess from upto one mile
well does it seem unbelivable u can read it for ur self
just try this in google

bluetooth sniper guns

u`ll get all info on it well does that satisfy the 100 mtrs prob
well the above technology it still unavailable in india

theraven

Technomancer
lol i figured thats y i only simply pointed it out to u ;)
@infrared ... partly right and partly wrong
its not that the 100 mn ones work at 10 m and the 25 m ones work at 5
the effective "ideal" ( yeah i made spelling mistakes before this as well ) and peak distance is 100 m !!
as is rated
just like when u go for a new car the company "rates" its average to be so and so and u always get abt a -2 on that !!!
BT most defintiely works between 10-25 m but again like ive been saying .. depending on certain conditions !
HOWEVER i havent seen one work beyong 10m till now !

Charley

Just Do It
@ raven - where shud i fix the >10mtrs dongles in the mobile... right now i've the t-610 & 6600 ..

Is it text msgs or notes where u type d msg & send???

theraven

Technomancer
lol buddy u cant fix a dongle on ur mobile
the dongle is for ur pc
ur mobile has to come with bluetooth support

if you're talkin abt antenna boosters then there are antenna boosters as mentioned .. but they arent widely available AFAIK
and i have no idea if they function any good

hack expert

In the zone
well sorry to say but we have wandered far of from original query dat is to wat max dist can msg be sent btwn bt device (cellphones)
well according to the tech available in market tday its less than 10 mtrs
development for more powerful devices goin on well hope to see dat in near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom