To buy or not to buy : that is the question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_shake

Broken In
i have a HCL Infiniti. Its specificatoions are :-
AMD Athlon 2200+ @ 1.8 Ghz
256 mb ram
40 gb hdd
Windows xp
32 mb S3 prosavage graphics card

I want to upgrade it with a new graphics card, increase amount of ram to 512, increase hard disk to 80 gb. Also my win xp is pirated and there are many flaws in it. I wanna buy a orginal win xp.
But all this involves a lot of cost. So i'm thinking of buying a new pc especially the hp t860i.

My motherboard also does not furure expandability options as it suppots an AGP 4x slot. I can only upgrade to 1 gb of ram and the ram speed is of 266 mhz.

Also the cost of a new pc will be huge.

Please help me decide wat to do :?: :?:

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Dont go for branded PC, post ur budget and wait for some more replies, u vl get a good config and pls search b4 posting, there are many threads over upgrading.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:shock: :shock: Nooooooo plsssss dont waste ur money on a branded PC...!!!! go for assembled one..will cost u around 30% cheaper ATLEAST!!

u'll get a descent PC within a price range of 40k to 50k....but that too depends on how much $$$ u wanna spend!! :wink:

funkymonkey

Journeyman
I can never justify branded PC myself.
I would say dont even go for assembled, build it yourelf.
yeah its scary for first time. But once you do it then its just piece of cake.
You have freedom to choose what you want. So you can have exactly what you want.
If you need help, find a friend who can help you with this. Or tell the dealer i wana see how you build it. thats what i did in 1999. WHen i went to buy new P3 machine, i asked the dealer to assemble it in front of me so that i can learn. Since then no man other than me has touched my pc ;)
I have to date built 25-30 PCs since then for my friends, family and for myself.
Its great fun :)

Also these branded PCs never disclose the critical information like how many memory slots are there, how many empty PCI slots. Many branded PCs use older cheaper components to make things cheaper.
I laugh when people fall for branded Dell and HP which has Intel 845 motherboard and advertise it as cutting edge performance PC.

geek_rohit

In the zone
I dun like branded PCs. Because the don't give us the liberty to get a compnent of our wish. Whatever the company is giving in the system, you have to be satisfied with that. But in the assembled PC u can use any compnent u wish, yes its cheap as compared to branded and the best part is that you don't have to wait for ages if anything goes wrong in your PC, just call ur local computer wallah (from whom u bought the PC) and get the PC working again. Moreover u can tinker around the PC, not so in a Branded PC (May void the warranty).
So post ur budget and get some good configurations from us all.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Are U really gonna cram up more than 1GB of ram on that machine.
IBg is enough yaaar, even for imageediting nd video editing.
U could go for a AGP 8x card as it works fine on 4x port.
Just reinstall XP even if it is pirated.That would solve.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey dude dont waste any of your money on a branded PC !!!
An assembled PC will cost you Pretty less and get a good G-card from the money you save !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom