To all Samsung Galaxy S2 Users !

Status
Not open for further replies.

evewin89

In the zone
There is a simple logic behind this question. if u wanna be on the safer side put a protective guard on the screen "SIMPLE" isn't it?

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
@kvishal: same thing of asking whether the screen can be scratched or not...whether to get the scratch resistant or not...which one is scratch resistant Iphone or S-2.... :)

So if you understand simple English, you will realise that, is the native phone screen scratch resistant or not is a one different question !! And if it is a Scratch Resistant Screen like the iPhone 4, is it normal to use it without a scratch guard is a different question. Read the question properly and understand it. If you don't understand ask.

Simple !

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
So if you understand simple English, you will realise that, is the native phone screen scratch resistant or not is a one different question !! And if it is a Scratch Resistant Screen like the iPhone 4, is it normal to use it without a scratch guard is a different question. Read the question properly and understand it. If you don't understand ask.

Simple !

How many times do you want the public to repeat it for you?? As for the simple English is concerned, what part of any of these posts you still didn't understand?
After so many replies to your question u r simply asking same things again...whats the point of opening this thread anyway??

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Well I know that this is out of the regular flow of the above discussion. But since siri is mentioned, Id like u guys to try out "iris" (siri backwards ;) ) for android. Its on the market for free, you need to have voice commands and a TTS lib installed before you can use it. The developer claims to have coded the whole app in less than 8 hrs(which is a remarkable feat IMO)

NOTE: its still in its ALPHA stage so dont expect GladOS :p

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
How many times do you want the public to repeat it for you?? As for the simple English is concerned, what part of any of these posts you still didn't understand?
After so many replies to your question u r simply asking same things again...whats the point of opening this thread anyway??

Since I have started this thread I have been following this thread, you need not tell me if it has been answered or not? If you think it has been answered please post it here again so I know that it has been answered and I was Dumb to ask it again. And if not, it would mean who is !!

Well I know that this is out of the regular flow of the above discussion. But since siri is mentioned, Id like u guys to try out "iris" (siri backwards ;) ) for android. Its on the market for free, you need to have voice commands and a TTS lib installed before you can use it. The developer claims to have coded the whole app in less than 8 hrs(which is a remarkable feat IMO)

NOTE: its still in its ALPHA stage so dont expect GladOS :p

Iris is what you are talking about it is so useless that I had to ask my Brother to uninstall it. It is absolutely unresponsive and often misunderstands one word for another. I am curious to find out when iPhone 4S is officially released in India, how Siri does ? Iris is no match to Siri from what the way it all looks.

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Since I have started this thread I have been following this thread, you need not tell me if it has been answered or not? If you think it has been answered please post it here again so I know that it has been answered and I was Dumb to ask it again. And if not, it would mean who is !!

Iris is what you are talking about it is so useless that I had to ask my Brother to uninstall it. It is absolutely unresponsive and often misunderstands one word for another. I am curious to find out when iPhone 4S is officially released in India, how Siri does ? Iris is no match to Siri from what the way it all looks.

Chill dude, Its clearly obvious that u are more inclined towards showing the iphone 4s is superior(both in voice recognition and in screen glass). So just get it and dont use a scratch guard on it, if u think that its titanium alloy.
Firstly I dont understand why compare whether or not u have to put scratch guard on iphone and S2?
Just put a scratch guard by spending a small fraction of the money you saved by not getting a iphone and you will forget your screen ever had one. :))
BTW my classmates iphone 4 has scratches on it. Its not as scratch resistant as you are making it sound. ;-)
Over time with acidic reactions and interaction with weather factors, the glass gets weaker and starts to form microscopic pits which form weakness on the surface. So its better to have scratch guard on any screen, Gorilla or not!

Ppl above are saying that putting scratch guard on a mobile with gorilla glass is of personal choice. Like ico said its scratch resistant to most surfaces but not sand and other small particulates. Also y do u want to risk it? If u can spend so much to get a 30k phone invest 200 bucks more and get a scratch guard

Answers related to your questions in this thread:
"Well, Vlingo is just an application for Android so don't expect deeper integration. It is not as good as Siri, comparatively. But in itself it is actually pretty decent."

"iPhones don't have Gorilla glass. Apple have never accepted (nor denied) this. But it certainly is not Gorilla glass, but some other aluminosilicate derivative, which is not as strong as the Gorilla. If you think iPhone can do without a scratch guard, think again.
On the other hand, I used to own a Nokia N8 once, and a Desire HD after that. Both had Gorilla Glass on their top, and I used both of them without a scratch guard from day 1. Never had any scratches or anything (I used to put out cigarette butts on the Desire HD just to show off ). So, S2 should perform the same."

:!: "FFS, If you want real experience, just ask in the Samsung Galaxy S2 discussion thread"

"@kvishal: first of all r u planning to buy any of those 2? If yes then SGS-2 is the best phone till now in the price its been offered for.....go for it....use a scratch guard for ur own self satisfaction .....y ask same questions again n again "

"Who said GG doesn't need a protective screen? No way I'd NOT use it without one!"

" Try rubbing Gorilla glass with a mere sand particle. Guaranted scratch. (don't try this)
Be safe and put a scratch-guard since you live in India."

"yup, Metallic objects won't be able to scratch it. Silica/sand is something different.
Silica is harder than Gorilla glass on the Mohs scale...it will scratch it."

Also I didnt claim Iris is as good as Siri!! Its still in alpha! and only has 8hrs of dev work behind it. Let it develop over a few months and we'll see a huge difference. I was able to use the app properly, it understood my speech properly but the answers werent always as i expected. Still I was impressed by its quality. Thats my opinion. :grin:

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah

It has been answered pretty straightforwardly by me. Gorilla glass can't be scratched by metals whether sharp or not as they fall below on the Mohs scale, but it will get scratched by silica/sand particle as it falls above.

So, put a screen guard because dust flies everywhere in India. Few particles land on your screen and you swipe, minor scratches.

Haven't I clearly mentioned this in my posts? :| :)

Try rubbing Gorilla glass with a mere sand particle. ;) Guaranted scratch. (don't try this)

Be safe and put a scratch-guard since you live in India.

yup, Metallic objects won't be able to scratch it. Silica/sand is something different.

Silica is harder than Gorilla glass on the Mohs scale...it will scratch it.

As far as Siri is concerned, good luck if you don't have a clear voice with an Indian accent. It will only work if you have an American accent.

I have better things to do with my phone rather than just utter random things to a program. I've got many reasons to go for iPhone 4S. A gmmick like Siri is not one of them.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom