( Tips n' Tricks ) Reducing Data Transfer while Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
abhishekkulkarni

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
abhishekkulkarni said:
This one is for the extreme downloaders , Net junkies who want to save their transfers to the maximum extent.
Prevent all multimedia items like images,sounds,animations,videos,flash objects etc... from being displayed by just unchecking everything here -

Internet Options -> Advanced -> Multimedia.

But believe me this alone cuts down Data transfer by 80%.Because only the text is displayed which is of a negligible size ( KBytes ).

However it is difficult to adjust to pages without those familiar buttons & images and it takes a lot of time.But then our purpose of reducing data transfer is served to the fullest extent.

*images5.theimagehosting.com/iemulti.jpg

Whoa !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What do you suppose this is then ? :lol: :lol:

plasmafire

Journeyman
the best way is to use a caching proxy, turn off all images via opera etc.. stop all auto downloads. or use a damnd text browser... hahahahaha BSNL junkies suffer!! ur free lunch is over..

Charley

Just Do It
plasmafire said:
the best way is to use a caching proxy, turn off all images via opera etc.. stop all auto downloads. or use a damnd text browser... hahahahaha BSNL junkies suffer!! ur free lunch is over..

I have managed to save 100mb within the last few days after doing all the disabling ..... :(

I reckon I'll be able to use 1 GB for a month from now on .... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom