Tips and Tricks By con_tester aka Ashwin Saxena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

con_tester

Journeyman
Hello Guys.
Well I m tired of posting tips here and there.
So from now I will be posting all my tips here.
So try them :D

First Trick :-
Here's something I found out on myself.
For those of you who have used Linux, you might know that in Linux, you can run apps just by typing their names. For example, run firefox by typing "firefox" at the terminal.
I found out how to do that in Windows. Here's how -
1. Create a folder somewhere on your comp. Say c:\progs
2. In this folder, drop the SHORTCUTS of all the programs you want to launch instantly.
3. Right click on My Comp. and select properties. Go to advanced and click on environment variable.
4. There will be a variable called "PATH" in the bottom list. It will have names of various directories seperated by semicolons. To the end of this list, add the name of the directory you just created (C:\prog). Remember to put one semicolon seperating the previous directory and this C:\prog.
5. Go to Run and type the name of the shortcut. Your program runs!

OP
C

con_tester

Journeyman
Protect your DSL Connection So childs may not use internet.But first give your child a limited account.

go to control panel network connections and properties remove the tcp/ip protocol. Since they are limited users they can't reinstall it. No tcp/ip it won't matter what they do there won't be any internet till you login as you and go back to network properties and say install tcp/ip protocol and bingo you have internet again. You can automate this with a simple batch file so you can switch it on and off at will.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2258

u cud have posted it there... its a sticky in software troubleshooting section.... anywyz thnx

ycr007

Broken In
First one is a word-to-word copy from Ch*p Forum. I can tell from the spelling of the word 'seperating' :mrgreen:

apologies if you're the same guy who posted there. :oops:

anandk

Distinguished Member
con_tester said:
Yeah. But I wanted a specific thread for my tips.

why dont u have a site for ur own tips...seriously ! :wink:

Sourabh

Laptoping
In General Section is not for sharing Tips and Tricks. If you wanna post tips and trick or other tweaks use this thread or Start a thread in tutorial section and clearly stating about the type of tips/tricks in the title.

Locking this thread. PM me or other mods if you have any more doubts. In General is strictly not for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.