thinking of LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
I have the samsung 15" LCd syncmaster 152S but i still prefer my samsung 17" monitor.......for clarity.....and higher resolution.
My lcd unfortunately only does 1024x768 pixels and it costed me an expensive price of around 16,500/-

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
15" LCDs- go for Samsung 510n.. 12.5k

17"- samsung 710n.. 19k

the samung LCDs will cost you a bit more than the usual cheap stuff,.. but hey they give u quality....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yeah 152s is available for 12,700 now... it is the best looking LCD around ;) same is the case with 173P

But for pure performance, 510n or 710n are recommended

Ankit

Journeyman
well i am a samsung fan...but i think in case of lcd monitors...sasmsung may not be a wise choice if your gfx card supports dvi out.......710n doesn't have dvi in....i'll suggest to go for benq...model no...may be 71se..i don't remember....17250..12 ms res time....good contrast ratio and high lum....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yeah except that the benq thing costs 25k.. isn't it??

I'm sorry, but IMO benq is crap! and Dvi duznt make such a lotta difference....

rohanbee

Padawan
Frankly im not to happy with my samsung syncmaster...................the clarity just isn't there..like i said in my earlier post. I think other higher end brands should be explored rather than the samsungs,lgs and benqs............

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
rohanbee i am very surprised that a samsung user has said this... compare samsung with viewsonic or philips or acer and you will know the difference... ofcourse an LCD will never have the clarity of a CRT... but it offers richer image and more details than a CRT can....

hope you get the difference...

and SAMSUNG monitors are not LOW END... my dear friend akshay...

shaunak

Tux Fan
u know 1 big disadvantage of lcd monitors: they workproperly only on native resolutions other wise they r advantageous. btw get the cleartype powertoy for xp my friends tried it helps to make types crisper for lcd

nix

hi

i've read ( here itself) that LCD is not the right choice if youre into games. which is the best LCD for games. one w/o ghosting.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well any LCD with a response time below 16 ms will be fine... for absoluely no ghosting.. go for 12 ms/8ms/4ms LCDs.... frankly 12 ms is a benchmark... i mean it is good enough for 99% people... i have Samsung 710n... the 17" LCD with 12 ms response time... and its just perfect :)

rohanbee

Padawan
mail2and said:
rohanbee i am very surprised that a samsung user has said this... compare samsung with viewsonic or philips or acer and you will know the difference... ofcourse an LCD will never have the clarity of a CRT... but it offers richer image and more details than a CRT can....

hope you get the difference...

and SAMSUNG monitors are not LOW END... my dear friend akshay...

To tell you the truth i have not compared my Samsung Lcd to any other brand except another smsung Lcd (sorry! i only have samsung lcd's in my office) Thanks for the info cause i was doing just that.....comparing it to a CRT screen.

Samsung was never a Low end product............who ever says that does not know what he is talking about. :evil:

theraven

Technomancer
i cant believe i missed this
anyways i have only one thing to add
andy benq isnt crap dude
its pretty good infact
specially their optical drives ( dvd writers mostly )
for what they offer , their performance is pretty good !
IMO ;)
but yeah they are slightly expensive i dunno why
id recommend the samsung too ( 510n/710n )

do not go by the digit reviews this month tho !

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yeah CMV :p

i mean how cud digit even recommend CMV?!!? even my 5 yr old neighbour can spot the diff... but not the digit test center guys....

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
take msi for example,rs 480 is a low end pci-e solution for 939 socket however msi is amongst the best brands for mobos in india

similiarly creative may be good with 7.1 gigabworks but inspire doesn't have to be the best in its range.

similiarly in india do you find good quality lcd tfts with response tiem of 8ms or less and all that in 12k

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yes but samsung is more expensive... also the performance duzn't depend on response time alone... resposne times play a very minor part... major part is played by the contrast ratio, brightness etc...

dude akshay FYI.. DVI and VGA don't make a hell lot of difference.. mebbe 2-3% thats it....

Samsung 710n is a top selling brand even in the US... most people on Neowin recommend this LCD even though it duznt have DVI input... i hope you get the difference...

don't blindly go on saying things and generalising them.

YES CMV is CHEAP... but the same can't be said abt Samsung/Viewsonic...

rohanbee

Padawan
Sometimes i really wonder about the stuff that digit suggests. It borders near the incredulous!!!
I think digit should hire me as their next hardware reviewer?!

Ankit

Journeyman
v

theraven said:
i performance is pretty good !
IMO ;)
but yeah they are slightly expensive i dunno why
id recommend the samsung too ( 510n/710n )

do not go by the digit reviews this month tho !

true not to go by digit revies...and bwnq is not expensive..it's cheaper..than samsung...or viewsonic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom