TheSloth Gaming/Work PC Build Thread - Budget : 60-65K; 1080p60FPS Very High;

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know how the prices will be in few months, my guess is AMD will keep the prices the way it is now (sans inflated price), and Intel will also hike prices when they announce 11th Gen CPU. I don't think Intel will undercut AMD. Despite staying in 14nm for about 5yrs now, they didn't go irrelevant all these while.

5600X launch price was 271xx, if I remember right. When they sort out this supply issue, we can expect the price under that.

You have a working system, right? Since you gonna keep this set up for a long time, I guess you can wait and see the upcoming announcement/launches and decide. But again as you fear, the price may be higher later when you buy. No one can guarantee that the prices won't increase in the next few months.

I assume you're well informed and decided on the components you've narrowed down, still...
B450 Pro4 is equally good sans fancy led lighting in the board. It's cheaper.
3600mhz costs about the same, you can get that.

Go to Ritchie and shop. Most likely you will find the prices cheaper there than on online.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The official price of 5600X is 28k & many small sellers are selling it for 28.5k these days. I'm surely just hoping for a $220 R5 5600, but if its $250, 23-25k is more likely.

You can try to find Corsair CX650 for 5.5k (non-modular) as Antec HCG is overkill, unless you plan to use something like RTX 3060Ti (even for that 650W is fine but 650W Gold are not well priced these days). Maybe go for Antec NeoEco Bronze 650W for 4.7k. For something till RTX 3050Ti, should be fine & save costs.
750W is definitely overkill but my preference is Modular PSU and I will add 3050Ti or above level card in future so I guess its fine. I was looking for 550W modular but everything from Corsair is so costly.

i have run my 10400f both with and without xmp and there was practically no difference,atleast not while playing games anyway.

It seems gaming is more dependent on gpu/cpu performance,esp. when it comes to intel processors.
doesn't intel need a bit costly mobo to run RAM at 2999MHz?

I don't know how the prices will be in few months, my guess is AMD will keep the prices the way it is now (sans inflated price), and Intel will also hike prices when they announce 11th Gen CPU. I don't think Intel will undercut AMD. Despite staying in 14nm for about 5yrs now, they didn't go irrelevant all these while.

5600X launch price was 271xx, if I remember right. When they sort out this supply issue, we can expect the price under that.

You have a working system, right? Since you gonna keep this set up for a long time, I guess you can wait and see the upcoming announcement/launches and decide. But again as you fear, the price may be higher later when you buy. No one can guarantee that the prices won't increase in the next few months.

I assume you're well informed and decided on the components you've narrowed down, still...
B450 Pro4 is equally good sans fancy led lighting in the board. It's cheaper.
3600mhz costs about the same, you can get that.

Go to Ritchie and shop. Most likely you will find the prices cheaper there than on online.

I also have similar thoughts about the prices upcoming hardware. No manufacturer wants to undercut others nowadays like it used to be earlier.

I just wanted to know about this market situation and trends from past experience from you people since all of you are following Indian PC market long before I started and also about the comfiguration I chose for long run. I can compromise on the value part a bit as long as system is good enough to survive long.

Yeah I planned to go some offline shops and have asked quotes. And if I find 3600MHz as same price as 3200MHz then I will get those.

I will be deciding this weekend if I find whether to wait or just buy the PC now. Let's see how it goes ... :pullhair:

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey guys, an update and a query!

I purchased remaining components of the build but yet to assemble it cause of some issue with motherboard. I raised the query to PrimeABGB for the motherboard issue.

Component List :
Ryzen 5 3600 processor
ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard
ADATA XPG D60G 8GBx2 RAM
MSI 1050Ti 4GB GPU
Antec 750W HCG Gold Modular PSU(Is it Tier 4 or Tier 1 in LTT Tier list??)
Crucial MX 1TB SATA SSD
Corsair 4000D; came with 2 fans

I was planning to add following Artic P12 PWM fans in front. I was thinking where I can connect 3 fans on the mobo
*www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/
*www.newegg.com/global/in-en/arctic...case-fan/p/1YF-000P-000H9?Item=9SIA2W08JE1841
On newegg website, they have mentioned that it needs 12V connector. Now I don't have any idea where to connect these and if motherboard even have the options to accommodate total of 5 case fans. Or Do I need to buy some kind of fan splitter or fan controller hub?
In future I will change the CPU cooler from stock to something better so I will need empty motherboard headers for that.

Amazon India Link : *www.amazon.in/dp/B07HC782D5/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_j.pcGbZQXQ8Q2?th=1

The motherboard has some kind of liquid oil-ish patch at the back of mobo. I raised the query to PrimeABGB. They have acknowledged but yet to give any other update on this. Any idea what this might be? I am holding the assembly until I get confirmation from PrimeABGB that it is safe to assemble and switch On the system. But I need confirmation from the members here as well.
Pics for reference
IMG_20210114_224203235.jpg

IMG_20210114_230857503.jpg

IMG_20210114_223955089.jpg

Last edited:
Antec 750W Gold - doesn't give any idea which PSU model it is as they have multiple gold rated model. I think Antec HCG Gold is tier 1.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Antec 750W Gold - doesn't give any idea which PSU model it is as they have multiple gold rated model. I think Antec HCG Gold is tier 1.
My bad. Its Antec 750W HCG Gold Modular PSU. I updated the original post.

Could anyone help me with case fans too? I want to use at least 4 fans in combination of : 3 front and 1 at the back. I will add custom cpu cooler later in case temps are bad.

ASRock B450 Steel Legend Specifications says following
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)****
- 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
- 3 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)******

Should I just get a PWM fan controller with SATA molex connector? If Yes, then all the fans will run at full speed or they can be controlled? It will be better if they dont run at full speed when not needed do reduce the fan noise.

My bad. Its Antec 750W HCG Gold Modular PSU. I updated the original post.

Could anyone help me with case fans too? I want to use at least 4 fans in combination of : 3 front and 1 at the back. I will add custom cpu cooler later in case temps are bad.

ASRock B450 Steel Legend Specifications says following
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)****
- 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
- 3 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)******

Should I just get a PWM fan controller with SATA molex connector? If Yes, then all the fans will run at full speed or they can be controlled? It will be better if they dont run at full speed when not needed do reduce the fan noise.
Maybe you need a fan hub/controller. Don't have much idea about that. I have seen that some cases some with one unit & that unit controls case fans, sometimes even 3rd party ones. Maybe @Hrishi can throw some light.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I was too much occupied in the office work so I could not come online for few days to update. So the update is :

1. PrimeABGB accepted to do a replacement of the motherboard right away after seeing the pics. Pics are above if anyone is interested, motherboard had some kind of oil-ish patch at the back. Initially they called me to inform that I can exchange motherboard locally instead of sending it back to Mumbai, but that did not happen because local store here told me wait for 5-6 days for replacement. I told the same thing to PrimeABGB and they said they will discuss with that store again. In the end local store was not ready to exchange right away, so PrimeABGB arranged a pickup from my address for the motherboard. I did not had to pay for this pickup. They dispatched a new motherboard as soon as they received it.
New motherboard which came, also had the liquid patch at the back but this time in smaller area. Pics are in following Spoiler.

They told me they have tested the motherboard before dispatching so I was OK with it. I don't know what else can be done. PC is working fine though, I have not noticed any temps or anything weird. Only one problem with the board, one LED under the heatsink is bad and doesn't work normally. Sigh ... But I had enough of this wait for new/replacement products.

2. Apart from the finalized configuration, I added Arctic P12 PWM PST fans at the front.

Backside
Tempered Glass Side
.Arctic Fans at the front

Desk

Final Configuration:
PrimeABGB
Ryzen 5 3600 : Rs. 17262
ASRock B450 Steel Legend : Rs.8800
ADATA XPG D60G White : ~Rs.6650
Antec HCG Gold Modular PSU : ~Rs.7550

Vedant
MSI 1050Ti 4GB : Rs.10940

ITDepot
Corsair 4000D : Rs.7050

This was my first and it was horror! I had no clue which wire goes where. How do I bend PSU cables to fit on motherboard. Absolute disaster, after literally watching more than 6-7 hours of build videos. Literally wasted 2 hrs to find out if I can plug CPU and GPU cables in same row on the PSU, eventually to find out 1050Ti does not require GPU cable. I still don't know the highlighted part BTW. Took more than 7 hrs to assemble after watching build videos and reading several manuals and Reddit posts.

I also want to say, be careful if buying ASRock B450 Steel Legend and watch carefully at the back. Looks like entire stock has similar patch.

Huge thanks to digit community for most of my knowledge comes from other members here. I have learned a lot here and it is always fun to hangout here. :high5:

Please suggest some benchmarks tests to run. I could find only Cinebench R23 from Mircrosoft store and downloaded it. Is it fine or I should useR20? I also got the program to run Prime95 blend test. Anything else?

Any suggestions to change/update in the build?

Last edited:
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey guys!

Today i did Cinebench R23 test for Multi Core. Please find the screenshot below.
1. In task manager, i didn't see it going 3.99GHz but it was reported 100% CPU utilization.

2. The Power Reporting Deviation also was hovering around 75% in HWInfo
More info :
3. Temperature was 91C!! Stock AMD CPU Cooler; 120mm x3 intake; 120mm x1 exhaust

4. Multi Core score was 9118. This seems low compared to online results on reddit.

Is here anything wrong with motherboard or CPU ? I only played Rocket League few times to check the temps, during that temps were around 72C at max. Is it normal for temps to reach 91C during these tests in setups like I have?

Attachments

• CinebenchR23_1.png
    CinebenchR23_1.png
    428.3 KB · Views: 92
  • CinebenchR23_2.png
    CinebenchR23_2.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 79
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Power Reporting Deviation red

*www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/expla...er-reporting-deviation-metric-in-hwinfo.6456/

Wraith Stealth of R5 3600 is said to be a bad cooler in CPU intensive tasks with 90C in CPU benchmarks & generally running bit over 80C in games. Cheap coolers like these are considered better:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B01HLAB80C/
*www.amazon.in/DEEPCOOL-GAMMAXX-400-V2-high-Efficiency/dp/B085G8WJCC/

quicky008

Technomancer
nice,modest build-not too over the top with gaudy in your face type rgb lighting....a bit disappointed with the issue concerning mobo though.

is this power deviation rating thing only applicable to amd cpus?

nice,modest build-not too over the top with gaudy in your face type rgb lighting....a bit disappointed with the issue concerning mobo though.

Yes. I saw that metric in friend's rig with 3700X + X570 Steel Legend but a BIOS update solved the power reporting issue & now it shows correct power usage IMO. Earlier while gaming HWInfo would show 30W CPU usage, now its mostly 50W+ & close to 90W in CPU benchmark.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Wraith Stealth of R5 3600 is said to be a bad cooler in CPU intensive tasks with 90C in CPU benchmarks & generally running bit over 80C in games. Cheap coolers like these are considered better:
So there is other issue apart from temps? Is my processor throttling because of high temps and that is why unable to go beyond 3.99GHz?
I will check how these suggested coolers work in high temp ambient rooms and then decide. Generally the temps are near 50C.

Should I update my BIOS too for that power deviation inaccuracy?
Current BIOS Version/Date : American Megatrends Inc. P3.40, 04-06-2020

hehe its not that nice. I very well know how unbalanced my configuration is. I had few things in mind but I just became too impatience to wait more and went with whatever was available in the market. RGB just happened to be there by chance. NGL, RGB is contagious, once you contract it, it grows over you, now I am thinking if I can add an RGB strip as a last cosmetic update.

So there is other issue apart from temps? Is my processor throttling because of high temps and that is why unable to go beyond 3.99GHz?
I will check how these suggested coolers work in high temp ambient rooms and then decide. Generally the temps are near 50C.

Should I update my BIOS too for that power deviation inaccuracy?
Current BIOS Version/Date : American Megatrends Inc. P3.40, 04-06-2020

hehe its not that nice. I very well know how unbalanced my configuration is. I had few things in mind but I just became too impatience to wait more and went with whatever was available in the market. RGB just happened to be there by chance. NGL, RGB is contagious, once you contract it, it grows over you, now I am thinking if I can add an RGB strip as a last cosmetic update.
Online many people are stuck with 3.9GHz all core boost, so 3.99GHz all core boost is good. In single threaded apps, some cores should hit advertised 4.2GHz. All seems well. Actual freq is somewhat dependent on temps as well for sure. Just run Cinebench, run HWInfo, reset HWinfo timer after starting Cinebench run & take a screenshot just before it finishes, post that screenshot here.

Update BIOS & see if it helps.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Get AMD Wraith Prism cooler if you can as these are made by Cooler Master and keep the Temps pretty low.
I bought a Corsair H45 and exchanged it and got the Prism Cooler instead.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Online many people are stuck with 3.9GHz all core boost, so 3.99GHz all core boost is good. In single threaded apps, some cores should hit advertised 4.2GHz. All seems well. Actual freq is somewhat dependent on temps as well for sure. Just run Cinebench, run HEInfi, reset HWinfo timer after starting Cinebench run & take a screenshot just before it finishes, post that screenshot here.

Update BIOS & see if it helps.
Alright, 3.99 is good. Will run single core benchmark and see if it goes till 4.02GHz.
What is HEInfi?

Top Bottom