TheSloth Gaming/Work PC Build Thread - Budget : 60-65K; 1080p60FPS Very High;

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I doubt it as vaccine manufacturers have already claimed that vaccines are effective against new variants too.
Yeah but after reading how several countries banned travel to UK even though UK is already among countries which have started the vaccination, I am worried that my extended wait will be extended even more now.

I brought the discussion here since the discussion was getting extended the queries were personal. I will keep asking questions related to my build here until I complete the build.

I will post the exact requirement with Questionnaire once I am ready to pull the trigger, several times, over 3-4 months of period.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This time countries acted quickly & UK is not a major part of global manufacturing/distribution chains so unless this new variant start spreading at same speed in other nations chances of earlier shortage situation are less.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -71.6k (AMD Gaming Rig) GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6

Processor -AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G -12.3k (mdcomputers.in)
Motherboard -Asrock B550M-HDV -7.5k
RAM -ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB(8GBx2) 3200Mhz -6.9k
SSD -Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD -9.3k (primeabgb.com)
Power Supply -Antec Neo Eco 550M 550w -4.2k
GPU -Inno3d GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 -11.5k (primeabgb.com)
Monitor -LG 22MK600M 22inch LED IPS -8.7k
Cabinet -Antec NX210 -3.5k
KB & Mouse -Cooler Master MS110 Combo -4.8k
UPS - APC 600 VA -2.9k

Total -71.6K

All above prices are taken from vedantcomputers specified otherwise.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
From above config, remove the UPS and overpriced KB+mouse combo, replace 1TB nvme drive with 256GB nvme ssd + 1 or 2 TB HDD. Get at least a 1650 Super.

PS: Won't 3300X be better than 4350G?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
From above config, remove the UPS and overpriced KB+mouse combo, replace 1TB nvme drive with 256GB nvme ssd + 1 or 2 TB HDD. Get at least a 1650 Super.

PS: Won't 3300X be better than 4350G?
Budget -68.4k (AMD Gaming Rig) GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6

Processor -AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G -12.3k (mdcomputers.in)
Motherboard -Asrock B550M-HDV -7.5k
RAM -ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB(8GBx2) 3200Mhz -6.9k
SSD -Kingston A2000 1TB NVME SSD -9.3k (primeabgb.com)
Power Supply -Antec Neo Eco 550M 550w -4.2k
GPU -Inno3d GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 -11.5k (primeabgb.com)
Monitor -LG 22MK600M 22inch LED IPS -8.7k
Cabinet -Antec NX210 -3.5k
KB & Mouse -ANT ESPORTS KM540 Combo -1.6k (mdcomputers.in)
UPS - APC 600 VA -2.9k

Total -68.4K

All above prices are taken from vedantcomputers specified otherwise.
PS: Made the necessary changes like replacing a cheaper Keyboard & Mouse combo except GTX 1650 Super GPU which is overpriced right now & adding 1TB HDD while using 256GB SSD does not make any reduction of price rather will loose performance gain when not using an NVME SSD, so kept the 1TB SSD. So Adding HDD & GTX 1650 Super not recommended.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey guys! Thanks for the build suggestions. I am not ready to build the PC yet. I created this thread since few of my posts were going random build related threads which were personal questions like CPU/GPU shortage which will increase the prices up again. At present, I am waiting for price drops of processors after the AMD's release in Jan/Feb.

In case if we are about to face shortages again, then prices wont come down for several months. Since I can't wait that long, I will start buying crucial components now itself before they go out of stock or sell at high prices.
Also, its not a complete build from scratch, since I already have a monitor, sata ssd and a cabinet. I will post exact requirements within a month or two if we are not going to face any shortages again.

Apologies for the confusion here!

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys ... if you have not already heard, please read the news of hike in prices of all PC components in US. How is it going to affect Indian market?

Right now, Ryzen 5 3600 is 17.3K on PrimeABGB. That is the lowest I have seen in last 6 months. Should I make the purchase now? Since I was about to buy CPU+Mobo+RAM+PSU together.

monkey

Padawan
Guys ... if you have not already heard, please read the news of hike in prices of all PC components in US. How is it going to affect Indian market?

I think it is do with US's import duty exemption given to computer component manufacturers which is now expiring. It doesn't seem to affect Indian prices until somebody is purchasing goods from the US.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Doesn't these US prices dictate Indian prices also? like US price+import charges+GST? Any idea how do they come up with Indian pricing?

monkey

Padawan
Products in India generally originate from China/Taiwan so US prices are not directly related. Till now US was having near zero import duty for computer components originating outside of US (but that scenario might change) and hence we looked at US for any price reference. Maybe its Trump's idea for "Make in USA"...;-)

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am kind of paranoid at this point and want to know how much I will be losing in case I pull the trigger now.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Need only tower components.
  • Games : 1080p AAA high to very high settings at 60 fps, and eSports games. Will reduce settings to mid after 2-3 years.
  • Docker containers with Jenkins
  • Linux + Windows 10 Dual boot Setup
  • Browser with more than 20 tabs with my own small applications(with or w/o docker containers). Applications will scale up in future. I will run other apps 24*7 like Wallpaper Engine, stupid RGB programs and quite a few more in background.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 50-60K. I will prefer it to be at lower end.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: May be Only GPU.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Linux + Windows 10 Dual boot Setup

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed at present. I already have SATA SSD : Crucial MX500 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Already have LG 24MP88HV and will be reusing it.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, SSD, Cabinet, Keyboard, Mouse. Don't want to buy any m2/nvme SSDs either.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: I will buy this weekend unless waiting for few months will give me cheaper options for same config.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have not built PC before. Previous one was done by an assembler, but this time I will be doing this myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai. Online if the I get cheaper price. Going to ask offline prices this weekend in one shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I don't want to build a ultimate PC right now since I do not have budget for that. Also, since this is AMD's last hardware cycle on AM4 socket, I don't want to put a lot of money now in this setup since getting components for this platform will be hard after 3-4 yrs, say RAM or mobo itself. This system will be used for 6-7 yrs minimum. Also, willing to buy a place holder card at this point because there are no GPUs available from latest gen for 1080p60fps gaming at affordable price. Considering all this, I have one setup in mind :
  • CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 - 17.3K
  • Motherboard - ASRock B450 Steel Legend - 8.8K : Trying to save money by going with B450 instead of B550 since I will not be upgrading this system to 5xxx series for sure, neither going to add any Gen4 PCIe cards. Considering only ATX boards. While suggesting boards, consider future GPU, if possible.
  • RAM - ADATA XPG D60 series - 8GBx2 ; 3200 Mhz - 6.6K on PrimeABGB
  • PSU - Antec HCG 750W - 7.3K on Vedant : I want modular PSU for better cable management. 650W are not good enough to consider at that price, almost same price as HCG 750W or costly.
  • GPU - RX550 4GB - upto 8K : Whatever is available cheapest, since this is a temporary card. I will buy a new GPU when all the cards are out by this year end or next year. This RX550 will be my backup card later since R5-3600 doesn't have a display. RX550 or I could go with 1030, either way I will not play games like Cyberpunk but some low requirement games. Anything will be better than my current GT650M and I am good with that. Also, I am not comfortable in buying second hand components from strangers. I am fine with buying GPU from known members only of this forum at reasonable price.

Already have :
Monitor - LG 24MP88HV 1080p 60Hz 5ms
SSD - Crucial MX500 1TB
Cabinet - Corsair 4000D Airflow; will add fans later according to PC temps in summer. It has 2 stock fans at present, 1x front + 1x rear.
Keyboard - Logitech MK350 wireless keyboard - will change later.
Mouse : Logitech G304 Wireless

Important Note : I will buy now in 2-3 days if I can save more now than buying later after 3-4 months.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard - ASRock B450 Steel Legend - 8.8K
This one is cheaper & better:
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...-pro4-am4-amd-promontory-atx-amd-motherboard/

I know but running RAM at 2666Mhz in 2021 is a bit of let down from Intel for budget PCs
It is but ram speeds don't really matter that much for budget intel processors anyway.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^You are right about Intel and RAMs. But I am OK to spend a little more for those few extra FPS and productivity on Ryzen + ~3000Mhz. Later I will not change anything in this system except GPU.

Intel rig:
CPU - Intel i7 9700 - 24.6k (Still potent & bit better than R7 3700X for gaming till R5 5600 is out)

Mobo - MSI B365M Mortar - 7k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 2666MHz - 5k

GPU - Use iGPU & later grab a RTX 3050Ti for 20-22k maybe (Feb/Mar/Apr)

M.2 SSD - Future

SSD - Your MX500

PSU - Antec HCG750 Gold - 7.5k

Cabinet - Yours

Monitor - Yours

Total - 44.1k

*Get 2666MHz RAM but sometimes higher freq RAM is cheaper. Say a 3000MHz RAM will underclock & run at 2666.

1610081427248.png

1610081681762.png

IF R5 5600 is out this month, say priced at $220, it might come to India for 20-22k & a budget B550 like Gigabyte B550M DS3H will make for a much better pair for a similar price for gaming & productivity.

CPU (1).png
CPU (3).png

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I doubt the 5600 will be priced so cheap when 5600X is priced at 28K-32K. I am expecting it to be priced around 23K-25K that is why I am reluctant to wait and then face high price of 19k for 3600 . The config I have mentioned above I am already reaching 50K. Current price of 3600 at 17.2K seems okay-ish and pairing it with B450 is cost cutting I am doing without losing on significant performance as of now with available parts.

Going with R5-5600 with B550 will push my budget by say 5K at least and I need more USB options than Gigabyte DS3H provides., then adding a new GPU later in the year will make the overall cost around 80K at least. Since this is a strict 1080p60FPS build, spending more than 70K of overall cost seems unreasonable to me. Only if there were good 650W modular PSUs at cheaper cost I could have adjusted that budget for mobo and get a decent B550 like AsRock B550 Pro4.

Last edited:
I doubt the 5600 will be priced so cheap when 5600X is priced at 28K-32K. I am expecting it to be priced around 23K-25K that is why I am reluctant to wait and then face high price of 19k for 3600 . The config I have mentioned above I am already reaching 50K. Current price of 3600 at 17.2K seems okay-ish and pairing it with B450 is cost cutting I am doing without losing on significant performance as of now with available parts.

Going with R5-5600 with B550 will push my budget by say 5K at least and I need more USB options than Gigabyte DS3H provides., then adding a new GPU later in the year will make the overall cost around 80K at least. Since this is a strict 1080p60FPS build, spending more than 70K of overall cost seems unreasonable to me. Only if there were good 650W modular PSUs at cheaper cost I could have adjusted that budget for mobo and get a decent B550 like AsRock B550 Pro4.
The official price of 5600X is 28k & many small sellers are selling it for 28.5k these days. I'm surely just hoping for a $220 R5 5600, but if its $250, 23-25k is more likely.

You can try to find Corsair CX650 for 5.5k (non-modular) as Antec HCG is overkill, unless you plan to use something like RTX 3060Ti (even for that 650W is fine but 650W Gold are not well priced these days). Maybe go for Antec NeoEco Bronze 650W for 4.7k. For something till RTX 3050Ti, should be fine & save costs.

quicky008

Technomancer
i have run my 10400f both with and without xmp and there was practically no difference,atleast not while playing games anyway.

It seems gaming is more dependent on gpu/cpu performance,esp. when it comes to intel processors.

Top Bottom