TheSloth Gaming/Work PC Build Thread - Budget : 60-65K; 1080p60FPS Very High;

Alright, 3.99 is good. Will run single core benchmark and see if it goes till 4.02GHz.
What is HEInfi?
Meant HWInfo, typo

Get AMD Wraith Prism cooler if you can as these are made by Cooler Master and keep the Temps pretty low.
I bought a Corsair H45 and exchanged it and got the Prism Cooler instead.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if Wraith Prism is better compared to cheap 1.5k coolers. For instance, my friend's PC with R7 3700X runs the CPU at 75-80C while running CPU intensive games, usually 60W power draw reported in HWInfo. I know not a fair comparison as 8 cores will generate more heat, still.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Online many people are stuck with 3.9GHz all core boost, so 3.99GHz all core boost is good. In single threaded apps, some cores should hit advertised 4.2GHz. All seems well. Actual freq is somewhat dependent on temps as well for sure. Just run Cinebench, run HWInfo, reset HWinfo timer after starting Cinebench run & take a screenshot just before it finishes, post that screenshot here.

Update BIOS & see if it helps.

Ok so ran another test on Cinebench R23 how you asked, after starting the test, I immediately reset the timer. I took 2 screenshots in last 30 secs. First half of test was 3.99GHZ, then in middle it was 3.95GHz, last half of the test ran at 3.94GHz, reported in Task Manager.

3x Intake fans are Arctic P12 PWM PST
1x Exhaust fan is Corsair 120mm Air Guide fan
Should I do fan tuning as well? Say, at 90C, I think I should make the intake fans run above 1500 RPM and exhaust above 1000 RPM, no idea if Corsair fan will go above this.

Attachments

• Cinebench_3.png
    Cinebench_3.png
    731.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Cinebench_4.png
    Cinebench_4.png
    863.5 KB · Views: 91

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also got the program to run Prime95 blend test.
See this post of mine:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/pc-suggested-configs.199971/page-13#post-2394854

Make sure unchecking " in-place" otherwise it will test cpu mostly. Set the range from 448K to 4096K. Allocate the ram at least 70 percent of your total memory. Run overnight for at least 7-8 hours.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
See this post of mine:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/pc-suggested-configs.199971/page-13#post-2394854

Make sure unchecking " in-place" otherwise it will test cpu mostly. Set the range from 448K to 4096K. Allocate the ram at least 70 percent of your total memory. Run overnight for at least 7-8 hours.
So you mean to say, I need to select Custom test and then set Min/Max FFT size to 448K to 4096K?
what about the number of threads to run input at the top; default is 12
and Time to run each FFT size (in mins); default is 6
Anthing else I should change?

Is it safe to run with stock CPU cooler? It reached 91C in Cinebench R23 Multi core test

Ok so ran another test on Cinebench R23 how you asked, after starting the test, I immediately reset the timer. I took 2 screenshots in last 30 secs. First half of test was 3.99GHZ, then in middle it was 3.95GHz, last half of the test ran at 3.94GHz, reported in Task Manager.

3x Intake fans are Arctic P12 PWM PST
1x Exhaust fan is Corsair 120mm Air Guide fan
Should I do fan tuning as well? Say, at 90C, I think I should make the intake fans run above 1500 RPM and exhaust above 1000 RPM, no idea if Corsair fan will go above this.
Don't look too much into Task Manager. Based on 2nd screenshot, some of your CPU cores out of 6 did boost to 4.2GHz as advertised. Except for 1 core, rest are at 3.97 GHz, which is good IMO from what I read online. As I said earlier, a 1.5k cooler should bring down the temps as reported by many users in the internet.

For gaming you will likely just see 80C or so (maybe lower as GPU is a 1050Ti) as CPU won't be stressed as much as it gets in CPU benchmark, so you can live with it realistically. If you see temps close to 90C during gaming, then do consider a new cooler, esp in summers as India is a hot country.

Play some heavy game for 30mins or more with HWInfo running in background & check temps. Horizon Zero Dawn is a good game & looks great, you would have to play it below its "original" preset to get near 60fps though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you mean to say, I need to select Custom test and then set Min/Max FFT size to 448K to 4096K?
what about the number of threads to run input at the top; default is 12
and Time to run each FFT size (in mins); default is 6
Anthing else I should change?

Is it safe to run with stock CPU cooler? It reached 91C in Cinebench R23 Multi core test
By default no. of threads is same as no. of logical cores. Set time to run each fft as 1 min.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 can you explain in detail or link a yt video about it?

My personal advice would be to disable this second-test RIP feature by setting the test time limit to 0.1m - effectively 6 seconds. This should be a short enough time limit to prevent any current CPU at any level of overclocking or threads-per-core from completing tests quickly enough to beat the timer and trigger a RIP test. (EDIT: some people have had issues with Prime95 ignoring decimals in the time limit and just rounding it up to 1min. Will confirm it works for me when I get home after Christmas. If I remember)

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Congrats on your new PC But why did you buy a 1050TI? How much fps are you getting in games?
My original plan was to get RX550 4GB as a place holder card and use it until the end of the year or whenever I can buy decent gaming GPU like 1660S. But RX550 went out of the stock.
Currently I am playing only Fall Guys and Rocket League. In Rocket League I have limited the fps to 60 n mid-high visual settings. sometimes I have seen 59fps, that is all. May be I should remove the limit and check how much 1050Ti can push.
Fall Guys shockingly stick to 60fps, I dont know why it doesn't go beyond that.

My original plan was to get RX550 4GB as a place holder card and use it until the end of the year or whenever I can buy decent gaming GPU like 1660S. But RX550 went out of the stock.
Currently I am playing only Fall Guys and Rocket League. In Rocket League I have limited the fps to 60 n mid-high visual settings. sometimes I have seen 59fps, that is all. May be I should remove the limit and check how much 1050Ti can push.
Fall Guys shockingly stick to 60fps, I dont know why it doesn't go beyond that.
V sync

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You were right. I kept VSync on. Now I remember I switched it on because I was getting jagged visuals.

Rocket League doesn't feel like that anything with Vsync off, I will switch it on and check how much frames I lose.

Top Bottom