664 Vijay Mallya India 51 1.5 India
717 Vikas Oberoi India 36 1.4 India
754 Naresh Goyal India 57 1.3 United Kingdom
754 Nandan Nilekani India 51 1.3 India
799 Senapathy Gopalakrishnan India 51 1.2 India
840 Rahul Bajaj India 68 1.1 India
840 Pradeep Jain India 41 1.1 India
840 Keshub Mahindra India 83 1.1 India

What if I don't even have 0.0000069% what Mittal's got, yet I feel proud of the 36 Indians on the list.

Alos see at Wikipedia

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
i dont know y we r so proud of Mr.Mittal..
afaik he has a dual citizenship... he became an indian citizen only fter the dual citizenship arrived in india after the pravasi bhartiya scheme..

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
pathiks said:
afaik he has a dual citizenship... he became an indian citizen only fter the dual citizenship arrived in india after the pravasi bhartiya scheme..
I got nothing to be proud of Mittal or anyone else on the list, I am proud of the word India anywhere. India-Anywhere-Period

unni

In the zone
This is interesting.
NEW DELHI: With 36 of the world's richest calling it home, India has emerged as Asia's biggest home to billionaires but there are more people up there on 'dollar mountain' who owe their origin to the country.

While 36 of the 946 billionaires who feature on the Forbes' list of richest are true blue Indian citizens, there are two people of Indian origin - IT entrepreneur Kavitark Shriram and music equipments czar Amar Bose - who made it to the list from the USA, the world's largest home to billionaires.

Besides, the richest men in Malaysia and Oman -- Ananda Krishnan and PNC Menon, respectively -- both have their roots in India.

Krishnan, ranked 119 in Forbes list with a net worth of six billion dollars, owns the largest telecom and satellite TV firms in Malaysia among his diversified business empire.

His telecom firm Maxis owns stake in Indian cellular operator Aircel. Besides, his satellite TV firm Astro is in talks for a joint venture with India's Sun TV group for foray into the country's satellite pay TV market.

His satellite TV provider Astro serves 36 per cent of Malaysia's TV households, while he also controls racetrack betting and lottery systems in Malaysia via Tanjong Public.

In contrast to Krishnan accumulating his wealth from a diversified business empire, IT guru and one of the founding directors of internet search giant Google, Kavitark Shriram, owes most of his net worth of 1.7 billion dollars to Google.

Born in Madras (now Chennai) and ranked 583rd in Forbes list, Shriram created online shopping platform Junglee, which was later sold to US-based Amazon in 1998. He also worked for Netscape and Amazon before launching Sherpalo in 2000.

He was an early investor and board member of Google but has sold off more than half his shares since public offering 2004. His other investments include Zazzle (custom-designed T shirts, mugs, stamps), PodShow (online radio), and Indian call centre 247Customer.com.

Amar Bose, ranked 664th with a net worth of 1.5 billion dollars, also owes most of his wealth to Bose Corporation and is also known as "Sultan of Sound."

He used to repair radios in high school to keep his family afloat after World War II ate into his father's import business. After earning PhD in electrical engineering from MIT, he founded Bose Corporation in 1964 and his first contracts were with NASA and US military.

Bose introduced first factory-installed car stereo system in 1982 and today is the major supplier for high-end automobiles like Porsche and Mercedes.

Real estate entrepreneur PNC Menon, an Oman citizen who also has a residence in Bangalore, has been ranked at 754th position in Forbes list with a net worth of 1.3 billion USD.

Born in Kerala and a school drop-out, Menon migrated to Oman in 1976 and started an interior decoration business with a partner there.

Getting attracted to opportunity in Indian real estate market, he started Sobha Developers in Bangalore in 1995, which is named after his wife.

Sobha Developers was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange in December 2006, making Menon a billionaire by virtue of his 87 per cent stake in the company.
Source

VexByte

Norms Buster
pathiks said:
But is the Dual Citizenship program available in India ?

My head says that will be implemented in the near future and not implemented yet(OR maybe I'm wrong).

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
UR right....there is no dual citizenship yet in India and Mittal is and Indian Citizen, he got a Indian Passport...

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^WTF *www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dualpio.html
It is there since 2003(the correct name is overseas citizenship,dont confuse it with dual)

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
Yes Yes - I read the about Dual Citizenship but what I was referring to is the Multiple Citizenship....Which India does not allow. And Mittal is an Indian Citizen and holds a Indian Passport. He however resides in UK.

The Indian Dual Citizenship in India is theoretically not a dual (or rather Multiple Citizenship). Citizenship of a country is determined by the Voting Power of a person in a country along with the all the fundamental rights conferred upon a person by the constitution of that country. In this sense India does not allow multiple citizenship. Just a Token Citizenship is allowed in India. For more authoritative source read: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) on the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India. Also know how to apply for Indian OCI, in case you have to.. :D

The Constitution of India does not allow holding Indian citizenship and citizenship of a foreign country simultaneously. Based on the recommendation of the High Level committee on Indian Diaspora, the Government of India decided to grant Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) commonly known as ‘dual citizenship’. Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) of certain category as has been specified in the Brochure who migrated from India and acquired citizenship of a foreign country other than Pakistan and Bangladesh, are eligible for grant of OCI as long as their home countries allow dual citizenship in some form or the other under their local laws.

Persons registered as OCI have not been given any voting rights, election to Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha/Legislative Assembly/Council, holding Constitutional posts such as President, Vice President, Judge of Supreme Court/High Court etc. Registered OCIs shall be entitled to following benefits:
(i) Multiple entry, multi-purpose life long visa to visit India;
(ii) Exemption from reporting to Police authorities for any length of stay in India; and
(iii) Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
Got across this on Multiple Citizenship on Answer.com which might interest you.

Last edited:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
kumarmohit said:
Strange, No politicians in the list;-)

Dude...to be in this list people have to show their earnings to officials I guess...Now tell me will the politicians ever d that??lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom