The Witcher 3

Even if it run, you'll be lowering graphics setting to something that will be painful to your eyes :p

Man I'm so confused. I run Crysis 2 and 3 on High (some individual settings on very high), Far Cry 3 on Ultra, Tomb Raider on High (no TressFX) at a very decent framerate. I wonder what sorcery is in TW3 engine that it will barely crawl on my system. :|

P.S. I do understand that dual cores aren't the way to go for proper gaming but locking out a certain portion of the PC-base (ala FC4 locking the game launcher to core #3) is also not fair. Its not as if dual cores are totally unable to process anything at all.

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Man I'm so confused. I run Crysis 2 and 3 on High (some individual settings on very high), Far Cry 3 on Ultra, Tomb Raider on High (no TressFX) at a very decent framerate. I wonder what sorcery is in TW3 engine that it will barely crawl on my system. :|

P.S. I do understand that dual cores aren't the way to go for proper gaming but locking out a certain portion of the PC-base (ala FC4 locking the game launcher to core #3) is also not fair. Its not as if dual cores are totally unable to process anything at all.
That's coz the games u mention are last gen and tw3 is next gen! Have you seen it in ultra?

That's coz the games u mention are last gen and tw3 is next gen! Have you seen it in ultra?

Ultra settings gameplay hasn't been revealed. CDPR said that they won't show it, they want gamers to experience it first-hand. Also, I'm talking about scalability; appropriate settings for the type of rig that is used. Obviously I do not expect it to run at high, forget ultra. Ideally it should run at low-med hybrid setting.

But I digress. All I wanna know is will the game behave the same way as FC4 i.e not launch at all. If yes, then I won't buy it now. If no, then I might try and scrounge something (I really want the pre-order bonuses).

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Ultra settings gameplay hasn't been revealed. CDPR said that they won't show it, they want gamers to experience it first-hand.

Also, I'm talking about scalability; appropriate settings for the type of rig that is used. Obviously I do not expect it to run at high, forget ultra. Ideally it should run at low-med hybrid setting.
Yes it should. They must have optimized it that much at least. Else their customer base will suddenly shrink to the size of ves' bobs

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ultra settings gameplay hasn't been revealed. CDPR said that they won't show it, they want gamers to experience it first-hand. Also, I'm talking about scalability; appropriate settings for the type of rig that is used. Obviously I do not expect it to run at high, forget ultra. Ideally it should run at low-med hybrid setting.

But I digress. All I wanna know is will the game behave the same way as FC4. If yes, then I won't buy it now. If no, then I might try and scrounge something (I really want the pre-order bonuses).
Ultra Settings Gameplay

Ultra Settings Gameplay

Welp. I guess they backtracked on their word after all. :razz:

CD Projekt: 'The Witcher 3 Ultra Will Be A Slap In The Face' New GDC Gameplay

Damien Monnier said:
It’s not even on the highest settings, we’re saving this for when you buy the game – we want you to get a bit of a slap across the face, that’s when you see the highest.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - The Monsters (Dev Diary)

[h=1]A SHITLOAD of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gameplay Over 90 Minutes of Witcher 3 Gameplay![/h]

- - - Updated - - -

aniketdawn.89 Can you give a Witcher 2 EE Save Game right before the end.

Chapter 3-Roche,
Mission- Enter the Dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Some facts about Witcher 3 Universe

• World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim’s
  • 16 DLC's as stand alone packs
  • 30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
  • New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
  • Geralt’s Memory is restored
  • No Chapters/Acts
  • Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
  • Coming out on to PC, PS4, XBOX ONE...

• So it’s saying that they had to change up their design philosophy when developing TW3, due to the open world structure. So NARRATIVE comes in three forms:
    • Lowest level = free form activities like crafting, monster slaying (seems to be much more extensive this time around) and questing.
    • Next level = Political situation of Nilfgaardian invastion is resolved through a core plotline for each area. These areas? -> Skellige, Novigrad and No Mans Land!
    • Final level = Geralt’s main plot line, his search for his loved ones, and the chase of the Wild Hunt.
    • Sounds like a lot of interwoven plotlines, decision making. You can skip things if you really want, but there will be consequences to your actions if you do so.

Alok

Adventurer

how was Witcher 2 on your PC ? And not to forget , CPU intensive GTA 4 ?

What? Its one of the best rts of all times!!

Nope. Its a step-down from what made Starcraft a revolutionary RTS. The only reason its popular is because of its huge eSports facet... and Koreans.

Ever since WoW: Burning Crusade, Blizzard has gone down in quality. The butchering of the Diablo franchise in Diablo 3 (both game mechanics and storyline) is a prime example of this. The Activision merger hastened things and now they happen to be a well-oiled profiteering machine. This is coming from a guy who once defended the Diablo 3 development cycle vehemently, too blind to see the bigger picture. Of course, I wasn't the only one. Scores of players left the game once it became clear what they had done with it. Still many held on to the hope that the devs would try and put the train back on track but who were we kidding. RoS came out and it was more of the same bullsh!t. I left after 2 years of milking the crap outta D3.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Mate, that is your opinion, you are entitled to it.. but for the millions of fans, leave it as it is lol

Only thing blizzard could have done is make the multiplayer F2P like all the MOBAs.. thats the only reason Starcraft isnt as accessible as say League of Legends

Top Bottom