The SHOWOFF your desktop thread.

HBK007

Journeyman
which theme is this ?
I bet it's SERENITY for Rainmeter but I don't know about the music and the rss feeds skin but they seem to be another Rainmeter theme as well.
Link for SERENITY: *customize.org/rainmeter/skins/87801

HBK007

Journeyman
Guys any suggestion for rainmeter skin which has cpu,gpu temp & usage?

The best skin for your needs would be wisp........ *fiizzion.deviantart.com/art/Wisp-v2-4-2-for-Rainmeter-385708923
you will need to download additional programs to monior your resources but don't worry the config dialog will tell you everything you need to know.

My Setup:
View attachment 14420
*i.imgur.com/rnZ9cyl.jpg?1

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
My current desktop has nothing to show off :p
Default Ubuntu 14.04 wallpaper+Unity+no Icons.

Anybody knows alternative to Rainmeter for linux?

HBK007

Journeyman
My current desktop has nothing to show off :p
Default Ubuntu 14.04 wallpaper+Unity+no Icons.

Anybody knows alternative to Rainmeter for linux?

conky is a possible contender...... Altough some find setting it up too much of a hassle but you can use conky manager which is a quite neat and easy-to-use tool.....
*www.webupd8.org/2013/07/conky-manager-gui-for-managing-conky.html

Last edited:

HBK007

Journeyman
isn't rainmeter themes are heavy on system? Since I play games(like FIFA14) i don't use rainmeter.
Don't think so......
*i.imgur.com/eaFmahu.png
{The system monitoring applications also use some memory but that is also very less}
But if you do find it affecting your system performance you can always close it by using the icon on the notification tray........
*i.imgur.com/oYAIwxW.png

ankush28

Bazinga
isn't rainmeter themes are heavy on system? Since I play games(like FIFA14) i don't use rainmeter.

I always turn off this things before starting game.( e.g. turning of antivirus, rainmeter, switching to windows classic :p ) this way I can run CoD MW series on HD 4000 :razz:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
that's what i meant, 8000K of memory isn't much?
I have 6GB RAM.
Also I feel lazy to turn off and on again and again whenever I have to play games. I use avast so keep it running in background whenever I play games.

HBK007

Journeyman
that's what i meant, 8000K of memory isn't much?
I have 6GB RAM.
Also I feel lazy to turn off and on again and again whenever I have to play games. I use avast so keep it running in background whenever I play games.

Well it's your choice...........
But do remember that your antivirus, bluetooth, media players when idle all take the same memory and applications like google drive, web browsers, bittorent sync all use up more than 20000k of memory.......

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah i know that yaar. Thats why I keep as much low apps running in background as possible while playing game.
Actually I want to use rainmeter thats why I posted here. Any good lightweight theme if you guys know?

Also, 10000k memory won't affect my game? If not then I'll install good themes

HBK007

Journeyman
yeah i know that yaar. Thats why I keep as much low apps running in background as possible while playing game.
Actually I want to use rainmeter thats why I posted here. Any good lightweight theme if you guys know?

Also, 10000k memory won't affect my game? If not then I'll install good themes

Simply Nova V2 is a nice and light skin... *nova-7-sev-dd.deviantart.com/art/Simply-Nova-Ver-2-0-270551439
Check out this video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJEXeZy47E
As per your second question I don't think Rainmeter will slow down your games if you have 6 gigs of RAM and you can always use Game Booster for one click performance boost IMHO.
PS: I also don't think you will get that much memory use because I mix and match skins and have installed quite a lot of them and was also running the BETA version.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Simply Nova V2 is a nice and light skin... *nova-7-sev-dd.deviantart.com/art/Simply-Nova-Ver-2-0-270551439
Check out this video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJEXeZy47E
As per your second question I don't think Rainmeter will slow down your games if you have 6 gigs of RAM and you can always use Game Booster for one click performance boost IMHO.
PS: I also don't think you will get that much memory use because I mix and match skins and have installed quite a lot of them and was also running the BETA version.

Thanks man. I'll try then for sure.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
after seeing (about) rainmeter here long ago, i finally gave it a go after reformatting my PC (which was long overdue):

*i.imgur.com/IYVuZFs.jpg

no prize for guessing the theme. ;)

HBK007

Journeyman
after seeing (about) rainmeter here long ago, i finally gave it a go after reformatting my PC (which was long overdue):

*i.imgur.com/IYVuZFs.jpg

no prize for guessing the theme. ;)
That looks killer but please change the disks skin which I believe is from the default illustro skin.....

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
That looks killer but please change the disks skin which I believe is from the default illustro skin.....

thanks! i tried a couple of them, but they wouldn't let me click and open the respective partitions, so reverted to the illustro skin. can you please recommend one?

Top Bottom