The Rubik's Cube Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Dayum.. 29 average is quite good. been trying since ages to get 30 from 35.. never managed.. and hell with AO100.. man .. you got time :p

I still average around 40 in CFOP. :( That's why I switched. Finishing the solve with an M move is really cool. :cool: I am on holidays. That's why I did an AO100. Actually, I thought of doing AO500, but, My fingers were hurting like hell.

Did an AO20 this morning.
Average=28.12
Best Time=15.88 (LSE Skip and CP Skip) ;)
Worst Time=37.42 (Messed up LSE)

Just registered on SS Forums. :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Finally, Sub 25 AO100. :hyper:

Cube: DaYan ZhanChi (stickerless)

number of times: 100/100
best time: 15.00
worst time: 50.69

current avg5: 24.67 (σ = 2.41)
best avg5: 21.07 (σ = 0.89)

current avg12: 24.74 (σ = 1.91)
best avg12: 22.16 (σ = 2.14)

current avg100: 24.47 (σ = 3.41)
best avg100: 24.47 (σ = 3.41)

session avg: 24.47 (σ = 3.41)
session mean: 24.85

Yellow Spark

Right off the assembly line

you make mean and variance

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

WTF!!! great going dude. I am stuck at 35 avg form past two years. haven't been able to spend time on cubing :(

also my ranking dropped to 700+ :(

Shah

Cyborg Agent
WTF!!! great going dude. I am stuck at 35 avg form past two years. haven't been able to spend time on cubing :(

also my ranking dropped to 700+ :(

Thanks.
My timings suck when I use some other stickered cubes. (Tried a FangShi and have ordered a Weilong)

BTW, I haven't been to a competition yet.

you make mean and variance ��

Every timer shows that too. It was just copy-paste. :)

EDIT:

Another AO50.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13919&d=1395151859

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
planning to buy one

how about this

*www.ibhejo.com/Dayan-5-ZhanChi-3x3x3-Speed-Cube-6-Color.html

Buy that same model from here *www.ebay.in/itm/DaYan-ZhanChi-Stic...N_Toys_Games_School_Stuff&hash=item2c7f5b91c1
the seller is a fellow speedcuber from Mumbai.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is his shop link *www.ebay.in/sch/akshayrao27/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

His price is very reasonable reasonable. almost same as its international prices. most sellers in ebay or other sites sell at a higher price than the international price.

sygeek

Technomancer
Buy that same model from here *www.ebay.in/itm/DaYan-ZhanChi-Stic...N_Toys_Games_School_Stuff&hash=item2c7f5b91c1

- - - Updated - - -

Here is his shop link *www.ebay.in/sch/akshayrao27/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

His price is very reasonable reasonable. almost same as its international prices. most sellers in ebay or other sites sell at a higher price than the international price.
Quick question, which cube would you recommend for amateurs? How's this?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

ShengShou is a good brand they are more popular in bigger cubes (4x4,5x5) because of the lower price point. I had their 5x5, it was quite smooth. I haven't tried their 3x3 personally.

You can go for it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION]: That guy is the owner of scmustore.com and shop.scmu.in

His stores have lower prices than his eBay's store. And, I usually buy cubes and puzzles from him only.

[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION]: I have the very same puzzle. ZhanChi (Stickerless). It's good puzzle with better corner cutting. But, It might pop on loose tensions, sometimes. Have a look at WeiLong V2 or AoLong too.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard that it is smooth cube and makes less noise. Go for it, if you want. Don't forget to checkout YJ SuLong(I have one) and YJ ChiLong. Both SuLong and ChiLong feel crunchy and are faster than an Aurora.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

But the Cube seems to be defective as second image shows it be broken?

any offline seller in Mumbai for these cubes?

Shah

Cyborg Agent

That's not defective. That's disassembled to show the mechanism. Don't worry. You'll get it assembled. At scmustore.com, You can get it for 685 INR.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

LOL, its a DIY cube, every part in that cube can be disassembled and assembled back. The reason the second picture is shown is to make user look into the cube mechanism. Many speedcubers buy the cube disassembled. No worries dude.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ Ok :)

That's not defective. That's disassembled to show the mechanism. Don't worry. You'll get it assembled. At scmustore.com, You can get it for 685 INR.
looks like their store is in Ulhasnagar
so i will buy from their shop offline (hope they have same prices in both places offline/online ;) )

Shah

Cyborg Agent
^^ Ok :)

looks like their store is in Ulhasnagar
so i will buy from their shop offline (hope they have same prices in both places offline/online ;) )

It's the same. You can place the order online and pick it up from the store yourself.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]: Whats your current average? trying to learn Full OLL/PLL but no time at all :( that would reduce atleast 6-8 seconds for me , still stuck at 35 seconds.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<a href="*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=129731" target="_blank">Shah</a>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->: Whats your current average? trying to learn Full OLL/PLL but no time at all :( that would reduce atleast 6-8 seconds for me , still stuck at 35 seconds.

I get sub-20 averages sometimes. Normally, I average around 22 seconds with Full CMLL. I suck at LSE. Have to improve it.

Filmed this today. Was nervous as this was the first time I had recorded my solves.

Top Bottom