The Real 'TOUCH SCREEN' Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Would like to know your experience and feedback on the various available touchscreen mobiles.

Till date I have experienced the touch screen phones from Sony Ericsson (w950, p990) LG(ku990, ke850) and iPhone.

I believe that the iPhone's instant action on touch (on the screen) and the smoothness and flow is way ahead with the others in this category.

Please note that am talking about the feature & functionality of "Touch Screen" only and not the overall feature of various mobiles.

Would appreciate if you can share your experience on this regards.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
It's rather obvious that in terms of ease of use of the touch interface, iPhone is second to none.
So definitely iPhone>>htc touch>viewty as suggested also by pathik & iatb.gourav.

@BBThumbHealer
Here the vote was on the functionality & ease of use of "touch screen" alone;not the overall features.Wonder hw u managed to place w960 on a much higher pedestal than Iphone.Or is it that u confused the > & < symbol?

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@GX, he said only the screen matters. All other features are to be ignored from the comparision.

But honestly, iPhone fat?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I see you've started typing properly even on discussion forums… :)

(You said in one thread that you prefer not to do so in an informal setting.)

HTC touch diamon. iPhone is so fat in front of it.
LOL! :lol:

Yeah, and sugar is sour, the Internet is useless and Albert Einstein was dumb.

Seriously, whenever this guy opens his mouth, it's always something like this. You can almost count on it.

Would like to know your experience and feedback on the various available touchscreen mobiles.

Till date I have experienced the touch screen phones from Sony Ericsson (w950, p990) LG(ku990, ke850) and iPhone.

I believe that the iPhone's instant action on touch (on the screen) and the smoothness and flow is way ahead with the others in this category.

Please note that am talking about the feature & functionality of "Touch Screen" only and not the overall feature of various mobiles.

Would appreciate if you can share your experience on this regards.
I'm an iPhone owner and have tried a few touchscreen equipped mobile phones and other devices in the past.

Till date, I've never seen any device that has a better, more responsive or more damage resistant touch screen than the iPhone's, nor have I seen any touchscreen enabled device with an interface better suited for the screen than the iPhone.

Also, among mobile phones, I think the iPhone's is the only touchscreen that can be used very easily with only one hand (except for typing on the QWERTY keyboard, where two-hand thumb typing is surprisingly fast).

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Till date, I've never seen any device that has a better, more responsive or more damage resistant touch screen than the iPhone's, nor have I seen any touchscreen enabled device with an interface better suited for the screen than the iPhone.

Also, among mobile phones, I think the iPhone's is the only touchscreen that can be used very easily with only one hand (except for typing on the QWERTY keyboard, where two-hand thumb typing is surprisingly fast).
+1........I agree with Aryayush here.

iPhone has the best Touchscreen and the best Interface.......

OP
vilas_patil

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Thanks for all your reply s :)
@aryayush you are right .. iphone can be used with a single hand which is not true with most of the others in this category.

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
the Internet is useless and Albert Einstein was dumb.

Watch it. I know its a joke, but those words are not to be uttered.

damage resistant touch screen than the iPhone's

Kidding right? The iPhone Display is glass. Almost everything else is plastic. On what planet is glass less breakable than plastic? If you're talking about scratches, then yes, glass is a lot more resistant. Scratch resistant, not Damage resistant.

Personally I think glass was a stupid idea. Sure less scratches is great, but in my book, scratch>crack. At least scratches wont make your fingers bleed.

Must resist skit urge.... snap!

Normal Touch-Screen phone user: **drops phone** Meh.
iPhone user: **drops phone** **hangs self**

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You should really watch the iPhone stress tests before saying that. Really.

Ars Technica has a video. Watch it and then we'll talk.

My iPhone has dropped about five times now, two times out of which were pretty severe. I haven't even seen a single scratch as of yet. I regularly sleep with the phone in my pocket (although not if I can remember it) and it hasn't shown any signs of cracking yet.

On the other hand, I broke my Sony Ericsson phone's plastic fiber screen while playing Air Hockey.

So yeah, the iPhone's screen is not only supremely scratch resistant, it's also more damage resistant compared to conventional screens.

Also, the iPhone initially had a plastic fiber screen when Steve Jobs introduced it in January 2007, but it was later changed to glass before the launch. Granted, Apple sometimes comes up with really stupid ideas (specially when it comes to their mouse designs), but I don't think they're stupid enough to replace a good implementation with a poor one (specially one the product they're betting their company's future on).

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Sorry i got the comparison operator wrong ... it shud be > ... :)

Yes , I Confess ... But i m not acting a crying baby like you are ...Dismissed BB as a crap .. Next time , act as a professional ! ;)

Man, you keep saying that this professional thing?? I dont understand that If i m using BB then I am professional otherwise i am not !!??!?!

and who is crying to prove here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom