The Open Source Hook: Porting KDE to Mac and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
With KDE porting their applications to Mac and Windows the potential number of people using free software is unlimited. Imagine millions of people using Open Source Software for the first time..and getting hooked on it.

Hurray....KDE Comming to Windows.......*smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/bravo/vignette/thumbnails/1036535672_gif.gif

Soon everyone who owns a computer will be able to try and use OSS and all they will have to do is "add" software to their computer. That shouldn't be too hard, people add software to their computers every day, right? So, lets say that 25 to 50 million people who had never tried OSS before, try it because all they have to do is "add" some software to their computers. Those of you who have surfed before will know what I mean when I say this, Your laying on your board and you look out into the ocean and see a bulge in the water and you think to yourself "Is that the next big wave coming in?" The answer is yes, this is the next big wave coming in.

read more here...

*lxer.com/module/newswire/view/79007/

praka123

left this forum longback
there may be a risk for FLOSS lovers and some kde fans

But Kde and qt is a company which obviously runs for profits...and those who voluntered and will-die-hard fans-their codes to qt/kde;what will happen if trolltech oneday things the way Microsoft does?I mean yes,Propreitory licences which grabs the works of thousands of volunteers-and yes if such circumstances come qt or kde will fork-that may not be a good way.already kde is standing for catching attention of Microsoft users coming to Linux with the once so similar gui.
I suspects this is a start from trolltech to go into more restrictive ways with porting one's voluntered coded qt/kde into win32.
most windows users and devels are ppl who dont have respect for free software principles.so they dont care for what KDE/qt license stands for.
Windows users are such brain-washed that they think it is their privilage to run time-demos/sharewares.if something is coming for free they cant get it ::

eddie

El mooooo
^ Didn't understand what you want to say but you seem to be the candidate eligible to be pointed to "The KDE Myth Buster" and more specifically to Licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom