The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

maheshn

Journeyman
I did buy a Mi Max for my father as he can't use a small screen device. Have never tried to play an x265 file on it though. (Normal x264 videos mp4 and mkv play fine) I will try it soon.

Edit: Tried playing, works OK. MX player is smoother than VLC.

(Not the particular file mentioned above though).

Last edited:

skeletor13th

Broken In
finally i received my 'Mi Max Prime (Gold, 128GB, 20K rs)' yesterday and i m very happy with my purchase. I tried to play that '1080p.WEB-DL.x265.10bit.AAC.5.1' file in VLC but it lagged very bad then i got MX player Pro with armv7 neon codec and it played buttery smooth. so i got what i was looking for in this phablet.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
finally i received my 'Mi Max Prime (Gold, 128GB, 20K rs)' yesterday and i m very happy with my purchase. I tried to play that '1080p.WEB-DL.x265.10bit.AAC.5.1' file in VLC but it lagged very bad then i got MX player Pro with armv7 neon codec and it played buttery smooth. so i got what i was looking for in this phablet.
MX Player is excellent, VLC is under development so some lag is present.

you can also try BSPlayer

Snehab04

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone i want to post below query in Flipkart forum

can anyone tell me how to do it as it says you do not have sufficient previlidges

Recently i purchased RedMi Note 4 on Flipkart, on 15th May 2017, Order ID - OD109164671764760000,

First time i got defective product, Scratches on Charger surface and Speaker issues. So i contacted customer care and asked for refund they gave me replacement for it. But in repalcement also i got defective product only one speaker is working, camera issues and Brightness Issues, now i am asking them refund they are not giving.

If customer do not like product or get defective product customer can return it and get refund. as per their policy i am returing withing time period.

Instead of giving refund they are asking me to go to service center of MI and get issue solved, why the hell i should go i paid for new product not defective, give me my money back.

I want Refund. such a bad experience i got wasted my time and energy. i m regrating i purchased from flipkart. such a bad experience i got. I dont want your product. I WANT REFUND.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

can anyone tell me how to do it as it says you do not have sufficient previlidges

You need to post a few posts in the other sections of the forum after which you will be eligible to post in the Market section of the forum.
Alternatively but meanwhile you can try to create a thread in Chit Chat section, and we shall move it to the Flipkart forum on your request.

Also, welcome to the forum. Please keep us updated about your issue. Have you attempted tweeting them on their twitter channel?

ankushv

Journeyman

Recently i purchased RedMi Note 4 on Flipkart, on 15th May 2017, Order ID - OD109164671764760000,

First time i got defective product, Scratches on Charger surface and Speaker issues. So i contacted customer care and asked for refund they gave me replacement for it. But in repalcement also i got defective product only one speaker is working, camera issues and Brightness Issues, now i am asking them refund they are not giving.

If customer do not like product or get defective product customer can return it and get refund. as per their policy i am returing withing time period.

Instead of giving refund they are asking me to go to service center of MI and get issue solved, why the hell i should go i paid for new product not defective, give me my money back.

I want Refund. such a bad experience i got wasted my time and energy. i m regrating i purchased from flipkart. such a bad experience i got. I dont want your product. I WANT REFUND.
Kindly check , Redmi note 4 does not have 2 speakers . Only 1 speaker and 1 mic .

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking

Let's analyse your issues.
Charger scratches may be a genuine concern, but I can't say without seeing pics. But then, you say "speaker issues", by that I presume the issue you mentioned, that only one speaker is working.

Well, guess what? Redmi Note 4 has only 1 speaker, buddy.
My wife and my friend has 2 of them, in both only right 5-hole section has a speaker, and its loud enough. The left set of 5 holes is the MICROPHONE.

If you don't believe me, I can point out Gsmarena & Xiaomi links, which all point out that it has only one speaker.

If you could elaborate what camera & brightness issues are you facing?
If you're saying the camera has lesser quality then its not a defect. Brightness can be managed from within settings and drop down menu.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Redmi 4 or Redmi Note 4? Budget 10k.
below 10k,
if you want to use MIUI (stock rom only) then go for Redmi 4 3GB version.
MIUI uses too much RAM, 2 GB ram will be not enough.
but I can't tell you exact ram uses, please check respective variant hands videos reviews..
but 3gb ram at least needed in my opinion..

but overall redmi note 4 is better choice.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
You made a wise choice. I've ordered both of these, Redmi Note 4 (4-64GB) for my wife, and Redmi 4 (3-32GB) for a workplace colleague.

Redmi Note 4 has a superior chipset, it can do slow motion video recording (720p@120 fps) and also 4K30fps (although with another software, not stock camera). I recommend using "OpenCamera" from Play Store for 4K.
With twice more pixels on the screen (1080p screen) and bigger screen too (5.5 inches), its a no branier.
Its good for 3D too. I just ran Asphalt 8 and its running at around 30 fps reliably. Not sure how the Redmi 4 would run it though.

And Audio quality tests also put Redmi Note 4 ahead, its in the league of iPhones. Loudspeaker is rated as "Very good". (source of info- gsmarena).

So, all the best. :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Can anyone help me get Redmi 4(2GB/16GB)? It'll be on sale today on amazon. If anyone gets please pm me. Really want to get a Redmi 4

Top Bottom